OT: The Wussy-fication of America...

chubrocker

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...it really applies to ALL countries, but you know what I mean. Discuss...

BTW, I hope you don't find this post offensive. If so, I'm sooo sorry I made you cry in your Cheerios...you wussy. :poke:

I cried in my organic wheat flakes, in my bowl that has been sanitized more than a scalple ready for surgury. Get it right :mad:

:rolleyes:

I agree, wholeheartedly.

BTW was there supposed to be a link or what?

• Members

My little cousin Ross is a perfect example. At 10 years old, he's I donno, 4'5, maybe taller, buck fiddy, and plays and loves football. But is raised by his mom and nana and grandma and two older sisters, and is a complete pantywaste. I see other boys like this often, and it's just saddening. He should be on protein shakes and crushing the kids who are half his size, and getting a scholarship to UT playing O-Line and then having the 4.0 (he's brilliant) to get into the Law School there.

I doubt he ever leaves home.

• Members

No links.

You can check the ACLU website or review most of the articles on CNN for reference.

I just spat all over my screen.

EDIT

The one that did it for me, was when the teachers were encouraged to use non red colors in their corrections of kids homework, because Red was a harsh color, and might send the wrong message, or hurt feelings.

• Members

I love sitting in the staff room at school at lunch time and listening to all the older, trippy-hippy '70s throwback teachers whimper, whine, snivel and sob about everything.

Blow your nose, wipe your eyes, put some ice in a towel and hold it against your {censored} (or man-china if you're a male whimp) if it hurts and get over it. Life occasionally sucks. Deal with it and move on. :D

• Members

I love sitting in the staff room at school at lunch time and listening to all the older, trippy-hippy '70s throwback teachers whimper, whine, snivel and sob about everything.

Blow your nose, wipe your eyes, put some ice in a towel and hold it against your {censored} (or man-china if you're a male whimp) if it hurts and get over it. Life occasionally sucks. Deal with it and move on.
:D

It's all the hippies' fault isn't it! :mad:

• Members

I just spat all over my screen.

EDIT

The one that did it for me, was when the teachers were encouraged to use non red colors in their corrections of kids homework, because Red was a harsh color, and might send the wrong message, or hurt feelings.

Not near as bad as the hurt feeling my son's butt feels when he gets an F just because he jacked around in class a flunked his test and I KNOW he knew the material - non-red ink or not.

• Members

I've taken it as a personal mission to toughen up my 10 year old nephew. He's being raised by his mom, who I will say is a hard ass when it comes to discipline, but he doesn't do normal "boy" things; I found out a few months ago that the poor kid doesn't know how to ride a bike because his {censored} ass father wont teach him.:mad:

So his mom's boyfriend and I have been taking him snowboarding, and not letting him get butthurt when he falls. Honestly, I think he WANTS influences like that, because he rises to the challenges we present him. This summer, it's going to be mountain biking, fishing, and shooting guns. When he's a little bigger, dirt bikes and snowmobiles.

I also encouraged him to cut a red star out of construction paper and give it to his teacher, but his mom nixed that idea.:D

C7

• Members

Speaking as a former instructor, I didn't avoid red and use blue because I was afraid of hurting feelings...

...I did that to keep blood pressure lower and hence shorten the time spent on arguments with students appealing their paper grades. :D

• Members

I'm a product of a "wussy making" society and environment...

And I'm a complete hardass.

Not really, but I'm not a wussy in the sense that I can't take physical pain or emotional stress or anything. I, however, do not lack any emotional capacities, as far as I know.

It sounds like you guys want everyone to be totally violent sociopaths?

EDIT:

Wait... *looks at his copy of Girl, Interrupted*

I might be a wussy.

Archived