ATK vs. Stingray(youtube content)

baracuda2004

• Members

I like ATK's a lot as well, but I still prefer the Stingray. I strongly prefer the looks of the SR...the ATK's headstock is fugly! I also prefer the playability and feel of the SR, but the ATK ain't bad by any means.

You've been wanting an SR for as long as I can remember...

• Members

Get the EB/MM that costs over 7K...because it sounds 7 times better than just the 1K one. ;)

What I can't understand is that all I usually see on Youtube with Stingrays is slapping and popping. These are normal basses too you know. I do well with my SR and I never do slap bass. Just not my thing.

• Members

Ball Family Reserve 20th Anniversary SR5. I'd love to have one...but there is NO way I would ever pay that much for a bass!

Oh I know it, they're beautiful. Hell, I'd like to have just the normal 20 year anniversary SR 5! You can find them here and there for about 1800-ish.

I'd want something I'm not afraid to gig with.

• Members

What I can't understand is that all I usually see on Youtube with Stingrays is slapping and popping. These are normal basses too you know. I do well with my SR and I never do slap bass. Just not my thing.

I neither slap my bass nor my woman. :love:

Karate is for people of the Japanese persuasion. :lol:

• Members

They are exceptionally good basses for slapping, that's all. I have 3 of them and I rarely slap...I don't slap at all in any of my bands songs.

I think it's just flashier to the masses to see a bassist slap.

• Members

Get the EB/MM that costs over 7K...because it sounds 7 times better than just the 1K one.
;)

D00d, it's becuz only teh GOOD BASSISTS slap!!!!!

Heh, I think there's a big idea around that if you play slap bass proficiently, you're a really good bass player. I like to every now and then, but it's not really my thing either.

I STILL need to try out an ATK bass! I've always wanted to, but I'm afraid that if I do I may start liking it too much and go into a phase of wanting to shell out hundreds of dollars for another bass, which I really DON'T need! :p

• Members

Get the EB/MM that costs over 7K...because it sounds 7 times better than just the 1K one.
;)

SRs can be so smooth and powerful, why does everyone want to get all wackety wackety doink on them on Youtube? It leads to a negative stereotype of the Ray.

• Members

SRs can be so smooth and powerful, why does everyone want to get all wackety wackety doink on them on Youtube? It leads to a negative stereotype of the Ray.

Negative stereotype?

"Hey...listen to how great this bass sounds..."

"Yeah...it sure does...I'm never going to buy one now!!!"

I would also not describe the sound of a Stingray as smooth.

Archived