Pics of my Gibson REBORN!!!!

B-Bottom

• Members

Here is the before

f_gibbodym_7c56535.jpg

And here are the after

dcp0216oo6.jpg

The original pups had hardly any output to them. So instead of just throwing one in and leaving a hole where the other should go, I cut a piece of sheet metal in the shape of a pick guard.

Then the girlfriend and I went to the evil walmart and bought some material for it. While she put the material on the pick guard I replaced all of the guts of the bass. Including the tuners and bridge. I then grounded the pickguard and lined all of the cavity's with copper tape. I also replaced the knobs. The new ones go to 11 by the way.

The bass sounds pretty freaking good although it does have a hum to it if I crank it too much.

Image shack is screwing up right now so I'll post more pics in a bit

• Members

I have to agree with poorboy.

it looks nasty with that pickguard.

when you said you it was reborn I expected it to be refinished sanded or something.

I like the pickguard, the texture is neat, BUT, I too was expecting to see a refinished one. I bet the pic guard would look even better if you sanded the body down and re-cleared it

• Members

when you said you it was reborn I expected it to be refinished sanded or something.

I thought about sanding the body down. But after thinking about it for awhile all the nicks and dents just add to the mightiness of it. It screams don't {censored} with me.

Archived