I can't get a job because of beard discrimination

B-Bottom

• Members

So shave it off for the interviews and grow it back once you get the job...simple...

In order to shave it I would need some sort of mystical set of sheers. And even if such an apparatus existed I just may loose my powers if I were to cut it off. I don't know if I can take that risk

• Members

Shave it. Your chances of being hired for anything except store Santa Claus are greatly reduced with one.

I'll be right behind you. My last day is next Friday.

Wow, the Holiday Season extends all the way into January in PA?

:confused:

:D

Do they care if the Easter Bunny has a beard?

• Members

it is mighty so I believe it frightens potential employers. I can't blame them really

In order to shave it I would need some sort of mystical set of sheers. And even if such an apparatus existed I just may loose my powers if I were to cut it off. I don't know if I can take that risk

Braid it. Or maybe dread it. You're not properly nurturing your beard power potential!

• CMS Author

Do you have anything else lined up?

Nope. My resume's on the desk of a good recruiter, and the usual Monster, Dice and Careerbuilder sites will get the update. Otherwise, I'm collecting and looking at likely having to take a temp part time job to augment. COBOL programming jobs are wierd...when they need you, they need you bad, when they don't, there's no work. I'm going to get more updated on some other skillsets while I'm off. Or I may dump IT entirely. It was good for a while, but it's a {censored} career these days.

• Members

Nope. My resume's on the desk of a good recruiter, and the usual Monster, Dice and Careerbuilder sites will get the update. Otherwise, I'm collecting and looking at likely having to take a temp part time job to augment. COBOL programming jobs are wierd...when they need you, they need you bad, when they don't, there's no work. I'm going to get more updated on some other skillsets while I'm off. Or I may dump IT entirely. It was good for a while, but it's a {censored} career these days.

I've been on so many interviews and through so many temp agencies it's pathetic. The majority of the temp agencies that I've dealt with take one look at your resume and what kind of job you're looking for and then offer you a {censored} job. The best (worst) was when they wanted me to dip strawberry's in chocolate for 10 hours a day at $9 an hour.

• Members

You can lament your loss of beard in your new cubicle whilst checking your bank account for deposits ..OR...slowly stroke you fine beard under the elevated bridge where you now live....The choice is yours.

• Members

You can lament your loss of beard in your new cubicle whilst checking your bank account for deposits ..OR...slowly stroke you fine beard under the elevated bridge where you now live....The choice is yours.

EASY FOR YOU TO SAY YOU HAVE A BEARD AND A JOB :mad:

Archived