Kinal basses?

willsellout

• Members

Still:

:confused:

Basically somewhere to rest your hands/fingers, if you wanted to play back further towards the bridge. You see them on EB/MM basses at times, if you want a different tone than right on top of that big humbucker.

Sonically, makes no difference, just a comfort thing and if you don't want to rub into your pickups.

• Members

Basically a finger rest or anchor point.

Dan

Ah...thanks. You guys and your crazy finger-style. I'd bust my knuckles on that thing trying to swing my pick. :D

I wonder if you'd have to remove it for say, slap? Looks like the strings might smack into it if you tried to slap it. Could be an interesting tone. Or not.

:confused:

:)

• Moderators

Basically somewhere to rest your hands/fingers, if you wanted to play back further towards the bridge. You see them on EB/MM basses at times, if you want a different tone than right on top of that big humbucker.

Sonically, there is a HUGE difference in tone based on where you attack the strings

Fixed it for you.

• Members

I thought I said that? I just mentioned no major sonic difference in the ramp "just sitting there". The whole purpose of it is so you can play it on different parts of the bass comfortably, AFAIK.

I see what your'e saying. The ramp itself, being no the bass doesn't affect tone, but hand position does.

• Members

Not my cup of tea at all, but you do have quite opposing tastes to me bass wise.

I would also imagine that would be harder to shift than the lull if you didn't like it...

my 2 cents

that's a good point. I think it's a pretty bass but I'd much rather have a regular old Fender knock off:D

Dan

Archived