Hehe at least he asked first...

Crescent Seven

• Members

I'm getting back together with the drummer from Crescent Seven to start up something new, and I put an ad on CL for a guitar player.

I just talked to a guy, and he's coming over tomorrow to jam. I asked if he had any questions, and he asks if he can bring his girlfriend.:rolleyes:

Well, sure, if she's freaky-deaky. :idea:

I guess this dude and his girl just moved here, so she's gonna be stuck at home while he's out. I'm glad he asked instead of just showing up with a chick who's gonna sit in the corner and frown the whole time.:D

I told him no. And I don't feel bad about it.

C7

• Members

I'm getting back together with the drummer from Crescent Seven to start up something new, and I put an ad on CL for a guitar player.

I just talked to a guy, and he's coming over tomorrow to jam. I asked if he had any questions, and he asks if he can bring his girlfriend.
:rolleyes:

Well, sure, if she's freaky-deaky.
:idea:

I guess this dude and his girl just moved here, so she's gonna be stuck at home while he's out. I'm glad he asked instead of just showing up with a chick who's gonna sit in the corner and frown the whole time.
:D

I told him no. And I don't feel bad about it.

C7

you shouldn't.. If the GF's are into DP and 3P then i might let them come to the practices but for a try-out then i'm talking bout some 2girls 1cup action.

:love:

• Members

oh you're feeling bad and trying to rationalize your decision now... where's the asshole we all love to hate:(

I'm only an asshole if I'm provoked. The guy asked nicely and was declined. I just don't like distractions; Jake is even going to kick his roommate out of the house for the afternoon.

It sounds to me like his girlfriend needs to meet some people around here, and he doesn't live that far from me, so if he joins the band and she's cool, my wife will take her out and get her drunk 3 nights a week like she did with the guitar player's wife from the last band I was in.:D

C7

• Members

I wasn't a dick about it, either, and I honestly think he was asked to ask, because he was quite pensive about it. I think I let him off the hook.
C7

I dig. We just brought on a new drummer and had the exact opposite experience. He offered to have rehearsals at his house and invited SO's to come along and hang out at his place - not at the rehearsal, but at his house while we rehearse. Since we are all married, this is a perfect arrangement and actually buys us more time to play :thu:

• Members

I'm only an asshole if I'm provoked. The guy asked nicely and was declined. I just don't like distractions; Jake is even going to kick his roommate out of the house for the afternoon.

It sounds to me like his girlfriend needs to meet some people around here, and he doesn't live that far from me, so if he joins the band and she's cool, my wife will take her out and get her drunk 3 nights a week like she did with the guitar player's wife from the last band I was in.
C7

If you want to start on the right foot in terms of the girlfriend (and her being cool with band obligations) offer to swing by an pick him up for the practice so that she can keep the car and doesn't have to be stuck home. A little thing like that at the first practice can bank a lot of consideration later on.

• Members

It sounds to me like his girlfriend needs to meet some people around here, and he doesn't live that far from me, so if he joins the band and she's cool, my wife will take her out and get her drunk 3 nights a week like she did with the guitar player's wife from the last band I was in.
C7

oh I see so your wife starts to get close to her .. then she gets her drunk and you get a 2 banger a few times a week.... NICE :thu::D

• Members

If you want to start on the right foot in terms of the girlfriend (and her being cool with band obligations) offer to swing by an pick him up for the practice so that she can keep the car and doesn't have to be stuck home. A little thing like that at the first practice can bank a lot of consideration later on.

That wont work out for tomorrow, but I have no problem with carpooling up there. He lives in Golden, which is out of the way, but I know of several secret Warp Zones to get to Jake's place from G-town. Golden is about 10 minutes from my crib.

C7

Archived