new bass day!

jewbles

• Members

hey guys! i don't post all that often but i check in most every day. anyway, i just wanted to share the excitement of owning my first upright. i haven't played one since college about 7 years ago so i'm rather rusty. i guess that's why we practice...

it's a romanian-made laminate with a huge sound and great growl. now i just need to figure out why they gave me a stick with hair on it. ;)

one last thing: anyone in the greensboro area should check out the bass violin shop. the two guys that run it are some of the nicest i've ever met and were more patient than a newb like myself warranted!

upright1.jpg

all three of my beauties (sorry about the g****r :freak:) yes, the upright is my only four stringer :poke:

brood.jpg

• Members

i guess i should mention that the only way i can afford it is because of my friends. they knew i've wanted one for years and pooled together to give me a hefty check at my wedding last june. love those guys.
:love:

It almost makes me want to get married again. All I got was a new blender and shop-soiled sandwich toaster.

Archived