Need a little help.

Ibbyfan

• Members

Thanks alot Guttermouth. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
:):thu:
Do you know of any good book or DVD where they teach you about the electronics?

no problemo.

i've heard good things about the dan erlewine books and dvd's but have no first hand experience:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Video,_DVD/Dan_Erlewine's_Repair_Series/Dan_Erlewines_Maintenance_and_Setup_for_Electric_Guitars_and_Basses_Video_Series.html

• Members
no problemo.

i've heard good things about the dan erlewine books and dvd's but have no first hand experience:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Video,_DVD/Dan_Erlewine's_Repair_Series/Dan_Erlewines_Maintenance_and_Setup_for_Electric_Guitars_and_Basses_Video_Series.html

Cool! I'll check them out! :D Thanks again. :thu:

• Members
Sweet bass!! I really want one of those!

Thanks. :) Now if I could just get her working she'd be sweeter still. ;) hehe There are a couple more on Ebay just now. Just do a search on Roadstar under musical instruments and you'll find them. :)

• Members

Well, my bass is working! YAY!! :D I took it to my brother who is an electrician and he soldered a wire that was loose to the jack and it's as right as rain now! I'm so excited! All the pups and knobs work fine on it! I'm so happy! I only was able to plug it into my guitar amp to make sure it was working. Now that I know that it is, I can turn my attention from fixing it to getting a decent practice bedroom amp. I'm thinking of Peavy Max or a Nemesis. Any suggestions out there for a good practice amp? Thank you everybody who offered advice. I really appreciate it! :):thu:

• Members
Well, my bass is working! YAY!!
:D
I took it to my brother who is an electrician and he soldered a wire that was loose to the jack and it's as right as rain now! I'm so excited! All the pups and knobs work fine on it! I'm so happy! I only was able to plug it into my guitar amp to make sure it was working. Now that I know that it is, I can turn my attention from fixing it to getting a decent practice bedroom amp. I'm thinking of Peavy Max or a Nemesis. Any suggestions out there for a good practice amp? Thank you everybody who offered advice. I really appreciate it!
:):thu:

COOL I was going to say that I looked like the hot lead was not attached to the jack but you got it working so all is good. and welcome to HCBF.

• Members

alot of the times the cable will go in most of the way but won't click. as far as techs go -use gc as a last resort they'll rape you on the repair fees. find a local mom and pop music store that's been in business for a while and take it in there.

+1 when my SRX had jack problems before i sold it to my Brother in-law i took it to a local mom and pop type store and it cost all of $8 for him to fix it cause he wan't busy and just made me pay for the jack not the work. Took about 10 minutes if that.

• Members
+1 when my SRX had jack problems before i sold it to my Brother in-law i took it to a local mom and pop type store and it cost all of $8 for him to fix it cause he wan't busy and just made me pay for the jack not the work. Took about 10 minutes if that.

Wow! That's great! I'm definitely going to explore that route when I need to get some work done. Actually, I have a guitar that I want to mod. The project has been on the back burner for years because everytime I save up any money, I buy another guitar! hehe But I'm going to try really really hard now that I finally got the bass I wanted to save up for a decent amp for it. hehe

I was looking at the Peavey Max's either the 110 or the 112 or the Nemesis N8. My local GC has the Peavey's but doesn't have the Nemesis. Does anybody have experience with this amp that could possibly post up a sound clip? I really like this amp's features and that it has 40 watts, but if I bought it it would be without getting to try it out first.

Does anybody have any other suggestions for a good small practice amp? Thanks again. :)

• Members
Thanks:wave: and yes this is a GREAT group, Alot of knowlage and some really fun people.
:rolleyes:

I can see that. :) I think I'm the dumbest one in the group! hehehe Well, at least I'll get to learn alot while I'm here. :) Thanks again everybody for the warm welcomes and all the wonderful advice. I really appreciate it! grinning-smiley-030.gif

• Members
it's hard to go wrong with anything peavey (bass wise -that is). i played one of their max 160 heads through a 210 tvx ? cab and thought it was a killer sounding setup.

Yeah I was plugged into a Max 112 at the GC when I realized my guitar wasn't making any sound! hehe I plugged another bass into it that I got off the wall in the store and it did sound sweet. :)

Archived