Emulation of the ric tone?

REMUS

• Members

Thanks for the info Isaac :thu:

2 pages into the thread and the correct answer finally shows up

Remus, seriously -- The T-40 is probably the best at mimicking a reasonable facsimile of the Rickenbacker as well as it get reasonable early Alembic tonalities as well... This is mainly due to its powerful pickups and their design and - more importantly - their placement on the bass for the correct nodal voicings

I'm not keen on the T40 since the prices have started going up, I guess they are finally getting recognition.

Thanks to everyone for their input as well, it's settled my mind on a few points :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the info Isaac
:thu:

I'm not keen on the T40 since the prices have started going up, I guess they are finally getting recognition.

Thanks to everyone for their input as well, it's settled my mind on a few points
:)

The prices really haven't gone up that much, you just have to wait for the right one to pop up. Also, when you think about it, ~$300 for a solid bass with sturdy hardware and killer electronics that is made in the USA is really not that bad of a deal. I can't think of a single bass used or new that compares in that price range as far as bang for the buck and quality goes. Of course, YMMV.

• Members
I see he's playing a Ric in the video that sounds like a Jazz bass to me. SS strings and a Jazz bass (maybe something like a '70s jazz bass with the bridge pickup closer to the bridge - thinning out the tone slightly).

Edit- Wait, is that the guitar player playing the Ric? It looks like the bassist is playing a P or Jazz bass with a sparkley white pick guard. ???

Werd...

fender.jpg

Archived