Looked at a couple cheap basses today

Jessz1

• Members

I went to the pawn shop. They had an Ibanez SR500 in decent shape for $225 that cought my eye. Played like butter and sounded good. Few dings and nicks.... really ugly finish.... May go pick it up if I don't find anything else before then.

They also had an Arai? Felt nice. I didn't plug it in but it sounded good unplugged. Really low action on this thing. I think they are asking 120 for it. Fun time. :thu:

• Members

The SR was a dirty brown color. Sorta like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180207450424&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

I may go back monday if I can get them to make a deal on it. I think it would be a hard bass to beat at that price. It had Bartolini pick ups in it. Did they come from the factory like that?

Yes the other bass was an Aria. I couldn't find any other markings on it except the serial number.

• Members

I may go back monday if I can get them to make a deal on it. I think it would be a hard bass to beat at that price. It had Bartolini pick ups in it. Did they come from the factory like that?

Yes the other bass was an Aria. I couldn't find any other markings on it except the serial number.

OMG that's what I was talking about, GO BUY IT!!!! What a wonderful bass. The SR-505 is a kickass fiver too. And yes the Barts are factory.

arAI makes helmets, arIA makes guitars.

• Members

$225 for an SR500 is a steal.

Archived