Cloverfield...

Bogster

• Members

Just got back from seeing it. It was...okay. Not terrible, but just not as good as the hype made it out to be. The monster was interesting, and there were some cool parts, but overall I'd give it an average rating.

The whole movie is shot in the shaky, documentary camera style. There were even signs outside the theatre that said "Cloverfield may cause motion sickness". I didn't get sick from it, but parts of it were frustrating/annoying.

• Members

I just got back too. I liked it. I have a few questions though.

SPOILERS:

1. So the only person who lived was the brothers girlfriend?

2. Wouldn't a nuclear bomb erase a video tape?

3. Did anyone else notice the at the very end when they are on the island something crashing into the water in the background?

• Members

SPOILERS:

1. So the only person who lived was the brothers girlfriend?

3. Did anyone else notice the at the very end when they are on the island something crashing into the water in the background?

1) I guess so. It was a little unclear.

2) I would presume. :idk:

3) I was too busy trying to focus on the stuff that was happening right before me to notice what was happening in the background. But I've heard about something crashing into the water. Hell, there were lots of things "crashing" in the flick, so it was hard for me to discern just one. :D

• Members

so what the {censored} is the monster.. i haven't been able to find pics anywhere?

:mad:

It kinda reminded me of the rancor from Jedi a bit. With tentacles. And these huge parasite-type of things that kept falling off of it, and if they bit you, that was your ass...

• Members

so what the {censored} is the monster.. i haven't been able to find pics anywhere?

(possible) SPOILER

i think the question is more accurately, what the {censored} ARE the monsterS? not counting the parasites, there were at least three monsters.

• Members

I actually have a major problem with this poster.

1183406558_201821502f.jpg

1.How {censored}ing fast is this big monster?!?!? :mad: There is still debri falling from the Statue of Liberty's head area like it just got hit and there's a wake in the water maybe 30 feet wide yet the creature has clearly already cause a HOLE through all the buildings straight into the middle of the city.. Is it some distant retarded alien cousin of Speedy Gonzales? I mean what the hell?!?!? :mad: Is it really THAT fast?

2.As you can see it's dusk and the trailer clearly shows the movie taking place at night.

• Members

This sounds like possibly the lamest movie of the year and it's not even FEB. yet.
:freak:
I'm glad I don't go to movies but this one sounds like it's not even one I'd watch on tee wee.
:eek:

No, it was tolerable. I had a gift card so I saw it for free, which was cool. It was an original concept with regards to the camera style-even though the documentary way it was shot, I originally had flashbacks of Blair Witch Project (which I HATED) for some reason.

Go see it on a matinee. Or rent it later.

• Members

No, it was tolerable. I had a gift card so I saw it for free, which was cool. It was an original concept with regards to the camera style-even though the documentary way it was shot, I originally had flashbacks of Blair Witch Project (which I HATED) for some reason.

Go see it on a matinee. Or rent it later.

and the movie was more about the people. the monster was really just kind of a backdrop.

• Members

SPOILERS:

?

I don't know. EMP is supposed to affect electronics, don't know about recorded material. It takes a pretty strong magnetic field to erase a tape, and I'm just not sure how big the EMP is supposed to be. Upon looking at Wiki, the EMP radius is the blast radius when the weapon goes off below 10KM altitude. That's pretty high when bombing a ground target to destroy it, so figure the tape would be melted by the blast if there was any danger of it being erased by EMP.

• Members

I actually have a major problem with this poster.

1183406558_201821502f.jpg

1.How {censored}ing fast is this big monster?!?!?
There is still debri falling from the Statue of Liberty's head area like it
just
got hit and there's a wake in the water maybe 30 feet wide yet the creature has clearly already cause a HOLE through all the buildings straight into the middle of the city.. Is it some distant retarded alien cousin of Speedy Gonzales? I mean what the hell?!?!?
Is it really THAT fast?

2.As you can see it's dusk and the trailer clearly shows the movie taking place at night.

um, you might be thinking a little bit too hard bro

:idk:

• Members

I saw it on Saturday and thought it was OK. It was kinda like 3 movies jammed into one with a "Blair Witch" perpective, A bit of "War of the worlds" with big {censored}ing alien things smashing the {censored} out of the city and {censored}ing killing everyone, and then there was a bit or "Ararchnophbia" thrown in for good measure with those arachnid parasite thingies coming off the big {censored}er(s).

I was fairly skeptical about how it was going to turn out, but it wasn't too bad. The ending {censored}ted me a bit as there was no real tie in as to who was playing the tape (presumably miltary) and what was the final score?

• Members

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!!!!! DON'T READ BEYOND IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE YET!!!!

the movie is a piece of {censored}

its horrible

the movie its self is good, i liked the realistic camera recording, and the characters are ok in developing but my beef is with the whole mystery behind it. the slusho deal and what not, and that japanese corporation stuff, none of it is explained in to movie, NONE OF IT!

i went to all the sights that held parts of the story, ya know, and after reading tons of "theory's" on what the deal with the monster is i said "screw it", and decided to go see the movie. i was very eager to know the mystery behind the monster, i could not wait for them to tie in the slusho stuff to the plot. but no. the worst part of all is that if you go to 1-18-08.com you see a picture of a guy holding and omelette of some sort, wiggle the photo and it turns around and japanese stuff is on the back of it. i was so eager to see what weight this held to the story, how something so small such as an omelette chef could play such a big roll in this monster dubbed "cloverfield"...

but no. nothing answered.

they better make a sequal A.S.A.P explaining everything, because i am PISSED

[/RANT]

Archived