New Ibanez BTB Basses for 2008

Hawkeye

• Members

I test drove a Ibanez BTB1205 Prestige bass a couple of times now and wanted to pick one up. The neck is large but it's flat, so it's not too hard to play. Besides the radius, the neck dimensions are similar to my Lakland Skyline 55-01 and I think the basses (from Korea) are well-built and sound great. When inquiring about the BTB1205 Prestige a month ago, my dealer said they were discontinued and a new model would be introduced around NAMM.

The Canadian website has them up for view, the all-new neck-thru BTB675 and 676 as well as the revised Prestige BTB1305 & 1306 which replaces the 1205/1206. I liked the older body style 'cuz I don't play up around the 24th fret very much. Still, a nice guitar and currently on the top of my GAS list.

Hopefully this link will get you close.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_canada.html

• Members

I have one a 2004 BTB CPNDF mahagony with spalted maple top its a darker body I love it the bass sounds great and is really comfortable to play

I have to admit i wish they'd stop changing the prestige model, I get settled on one then they bring a new one out with different woods :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I ordered a BTB 1305 on Saturday. Yay! It should be here by the end of Feb or beginning of March. Based on anticipated arrival of the Canadian distributor's first order, I may be one of the first in Canada to get one.

*Jealous*

You aren't the first without pics, a review and sound bites to back you up :p

• Members

I ordered a BTB 1305 on Saturday. Yay! It should be here by the end of Feb or beginning of March. Based on anticipated arrival of the Canadian distributor's first order, I may be one of the first in Canada to get one.

That's awesome, the BTB 1305 Prestige looks pretty sweet! Post pics and a review when you get it. :thu:

• Members

I've never seen a natural finish BTB, man I like (both)!

Actually, way back when I bought my first 5, I wanted the closest string spacing as possible, so I bought a schecter over a BTB I'd also looked at (that, plus the more natural looking wood of the schec over the trans-blue ibby).

So later, after actually developing some talent, I tried out a used BTB and did some slap. Holy shatner, was as as easy as thumpin a 4 string j-bass! No occasional b-string fat-thumbing, ring finger naturally falls under the d for dead pops. Finger playing was no different than any 4-string, either. Plus, the "rhino beetle" horns are kick-ass!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hello everyone,

I currently have a BTB1206 [from the beginning of the 2007 model year] and it is AMAZING. Great playability, fantastic sound, and great craftsmanship. The neck profile is very wide, but thin. The fretboard radius is extremely flat, so playabilty is fantastic.

I liked it so much, I have a new 1306 on order with the deeper cutaways.

~Shane

The pic is of my bass.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived