NAMM 2008 Musicman bass pics (Sterling 5 and Bongo 6 content)

FloydianAnimal

• Members

Hmmmm. I hate to admit it, but I'm actually starting to like the look of Bongos.

They look much better horizontal than vertical. They look kind of tubby and bloated vertical, but leaner and more "sharklike" horizontal. And the sound and playability, forget about it. Awesome.

I bet EBMM would sell more of them if they could get stores to somehow hang them horizontally.

• Members

I have to say, while the Bongo 6 was badass, I actually liked playing the Sterling 5 more. On the middle setting of the 5 way switch with the EQ set flat I got a pretty killer tone through the headphone rig they had there- and the playability of the thing was just right! In fact, the Sterling 5 was probably the most fun bass I played at NAMM- and that includes the custom basses of Zon (the company I got my badge from! lol).

So basically the Sterling 5 = :love:

• Members
I like the neck of the Sterling more than a Stingray, and the Sterling 5 played freaking great man! With the HH config and preamp, there was tons of tone!
:thu:

Welp, in a year when I decide I need another bass, know what I'm picking up! :)

• Members
I like the neck of the Sterling more than a Stingray, and the Sterling 5 played freaking great man! With the HH config and preamp, there was tons of tone!
:thu:

How much slimmer than a ray5 is the Sterling5 neck?

• Members

How was the low b?

Quite nice- not floppy at all, and the bass was setup very well. The low B along with the other strings were tight, the action was low, and the neck was very playable. The width of the neck is the same as a SR but the thickness of the neck is slimmer so it plays faster. The string spacing is narrow as well anyway.

Archived