NAMM 2008 Musicman bass pics (Sterling 5 and Bongo 6 content)

FloydianAnimal

• Members

So I was lucky enough to see and tryout the following new basses at NAMM:

Bongo 6 H

Bongo 6 HS

Bongo 6 HH

Sterling 5 HH

There was also a Sterling 5 HS that I saw but didn't get a chance to snap pictures of and probably a Sterling 5 H that I didn't see anywhere. Anyway, first here's some pictures of the Sterling 5 HH:

NAMMandInterseedtrip2008010.jpg

NAMMandInterseedtrip2008011.jpg

NAMMandInterseedtrip2008008.jpg

:love:

• Members

Nice
:love:
Do you know when they will be on the market?

The rep I talked to said you can start ordering them now at your local dealer. I think they are expected to arrive in Spring 08 around April/May or so...

Supposedly the Sterling 5 H is going to start around 1450, which is not bad at all...

• Moderators

A traditional instrument is best served with traditional aesthetics. An evolutionary instrument is best served with evolutionary aesthetics.

I'd be more likely to actually end up with a 7 string Benavente SCD than a Bongo 6, but it is still an excellent design.

• Members

A traditional instrument is best served with traditional aesthetics. An evolutionary instrument is best served with evolutionary aesthetics.

I'd be more likely to actually end up with a 7 string Benavente SCD than a Bongo 6, but it is still an excellent design.

Makes sense to me. :thu:

I'm dying to play some Benavente and Bee basses. :mad:

• Members

Hmmm, interesting. I tend to think the same way, and love to see progressive and well done, stylish designs. Still, there's something to be said for basically traditional elements in a thoroughly modern, progressive package. Take the proven core elements, and modernize the packaging. That probably explains my whole bass collection to come to think of it...

• Moderators

Hmmm, interesting. I tend to think the same way, and love to see progressive and well done, stylish designs. Still, there's something to be said for basically traditional elements in a thoroughly modern, progressive package. Take the proven core elements, and modernize the packaging. That probably explains my whole bass collection to come to think of it...

Yeah, it's all personal taste. I know some would love a simple P bass in a futuristic looking instrument. That's just not me.

Archived