Opinions on 2x12 cabs?

Bernie P.

• Members

Gotta sell off some gear first but I'm considering going to 12's.Unfortunately the only 12 anything I've come across in my area so far is the WM 12 combo rig.One's on the list so far-Bag End,Epiphani,Bergantino.Any and all comments on these or others worth looking at mucho appreciato.If it matters my bass's are Casady sig,American series P bass.Would like to add an upright down the road.I have an old all tube Earth Super Bass B-2000 head to use with the cab.Might sell the amp/2x15 cab as well but for the time being thats the head I'll be using.

• Members

Gotta sell off some gear first but I'm considering going to 12's.Unfortunately the only 12 anything I've come across in my area so far is the WM 12 combo rig.One's on the list so far-Bag End,Epiphani,Bergantino.Any and all comments on these or others worth looking at mucho appreciato.If it matters my bass's are Casady sig,American series P bass.Would like to add an upright down the road.I have an old all tube Earth Super Bass B-2000 head to use with the cab.Might sell the amp/2x15 cab as well but for the time being thats the head I'll be using.

2x12's offer the best of both worlds: Portability, and boom. My Genz Benz NeoX 212 can fill a room like nobody's business, but is easier to move than my old 2x10/1x15 rig.

• Members

If you're looking at cabs in the price range of Epifani's you really need to play them before you buy. Epi's are probably the highest quality cabs out there but if you play, say heavier kinds of rock they might not work very well for you. 12's in general are fantastic, but they're all different and sound different, some may work for you and some won't. I've settled into a sweet 212/412 SWR rig myself, and won't be looking back.:cool:

• Members

My favorite 1x12s in order from most fave to least fave(but even my least fave sounded great)-

> Bergantino

> Aguilar

> Epifani(tie)

> Mesa Boogie(tie)

> Genz Benz(tie)

> Ampeg

> Euphonic Audio

> Schroeder

edit- I just wanted to say how impressive it was how different many of these cabs sounded, how much character each had that was different than the others.

• Members

While we're on the subject of 12's, who would make a good vintage looking (vintage Fender, black tolex and silver grill) 2 x 12 cab ?

Kindness has some nice vintage looking cabs from Low Down Sound and I think The Ox had Jorge Schroeder do some vintage styling on a cab for him.

Archived