NBD: SR4

REMUS

• Members

I'll post up some more pics tomorrow, but here she is :)

CSC_0255.jpg

It was in better condition than I hoped it would be in, feels and plays as you would expect from any good Stingray.

My first impression was the tone on my new rig is that it was relatively similar to the JM4, so initially I was kinda dissapointed... but the more I twiddled with the eq, the more I liked it! You can certainly get more of a ballsy, full on bass tone out of it, it isn't as smooth as the JM4 by a long shot but in a good way.

So I think from first impressions it's a keeper, however I don't find the body shape as comfortable as a Jazz type and it's a little lighter than I hoped it would be, but I like heavy basses.

Good {censored} :thu:

• Moderators

I gave her one quick spin and everything is in order and functional. Let me know if there is anything you'd like me to take care of in particular before sending it on. I need to locate a shipping box because the one it came in did not survive. I'm glad the bass and case did. (They both did.)

• Members

I gave her one quick spin and everything is in order and functional. Let me know if there is anything you'd like me to take care of in particular before sending it on. I need to locate a shipping box because the one it came in did not survive. I'm glad the bass and case did. (They both did.)

Really? The Lakland and Stingray got to me all the way from the US, and it hardly looked as if the parcels had even been to another country.

Sorry for the trouble Kindness, let me know how much it all comes to (includeing any expense you incur) and chuck me a PM.

• Moderators

Really? The Lakland and Stingray got to me all the way from the US, and it hardly looked as if the parcels had even been to another country.

Sorry for the trouble Kindness, let me know how much it all comes to (includeing any expense you incur) and chuck me a PM.

The box was made up for the purpose by taping smaller boxes together. One end got rained and snowed on and was soaked. No water damage inside, but the box literally melted away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

As I thought, i'm not getting on with this bass.

It simply isn't anything new, it's just a variation on my JM4 with less flexability, it has a few tricks up it's sleeve such as a better slap tone, it is also easier to use for slap and has more thump.

So I think this sucker is going outta the door as quickly as it came, tis a shame... I really wanted to like it :(

• Members

It simply isn't anything new, it's just a variation on my JM4 with less flexability, it has a few tricks up it's sleeve such as a better slap tone, it is also easier to use for slap and has more thump.

So I think this sucker is going outta the door as quickly as it came, tis a shame... I really wanted to like it
:(

...That sucks man, The red is killer too....I have the same opinion on my MM too, just kinda one sound...I hold onto it cause it's fretless but hardly play it anymore.

• Members

So I think this sucker is going outta the door as quickly as it came, tis a shame... I really wanted to like it
:(

I had 2 ;)

• Members

...That sucks man, The red is killer too....I have the same opinion on my MM too, just kinda one sound...I hold onto it cause it's fretless but hardly play it anymore.

If I didn't have the Sandberg, I think I would keep it ya know... but I do have the JM4 so all it is really adding to my collection atm is a "cool" factor lol!

Archived