from the namm thread.. strange as..

basste

• Members

I have come to the conclusion that I have this love/hate thing with Bongos. Love the tone. Love the neck on the four. Love some of the finishes. Hate the body. Hate the headstock. Hell, I even hate the name: "bongo". I'd be dead set on getting one (silly name notwithstanding ;)) if they'd just fix that damn body and headstock! :mad:

;)

• Members

In my mind, the Bongo looks better horizontal than vertical. I think they'd sell more of them if they displayed them horizontally. I really like the 6 string Bongo.

I also find that jazz-style basses look kinda funny with more than 4 strings...

Have you guys seen the big NAMM thread on TB's "basses" forum? There are about a million pics of basses, mostly boutique stuff. I was struck by how horribly ugly 85% of them were.

I'm drooling over the Sterling 5, myself, but it'll have to wait because I just put money down for a fretless SR5...

• Members

I find any fiver with a Fenderish 4+1 headstock to be ugly. This includes my two Reverends too, but I didn't buy them for looks. I'd like to see the bongo body a little wider in the bottom, it seems kind of narrow compared to the upper and lower horns. Still, I like them and the sixers look great.

Archived