OT: I'm making porkchops...

georgestrings

• Members

thats funny. the whole point of the crockpot is to save time.
;)

no you're thinking of microwaves

crock pots are for slow cooking, so slow that you can go to work in the middle!

back in college we used to load up the crock early then go get beers, get blazed, and generally rock out all night, completely forgetting about it and then around midnight the timer goes "ding" and it would be like like christmass :p

• Members

Nice. Our New Year's Day was similar - pork loin and sauerkraut.

Get some thick cut loin slices, 3 big jars of kraut, some rosemary, thyme, brown sugar. You can use a crockpot if it's large enough - we used a large, covered pan in the oven. Cook at 350 for 6+ hours. The pork just falls apart. I had some frozed leftovers last night.
:thu:

Ohhhh...

:thu: is right.

Do you drain the kraut?

New Years I did a pork tenderloin on the rotiserizer like someone else mentioned. Good stuff.

• Members

damn it

THIS THREAD IS PISSING ME THE {censored} OFF

i miss my crock pot

HOW COULD I LEAVE IT BEHIND

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:

Sucks to be you, hahaha... on a related note, I dropped off my 4qt and 6qt crockpots off at the GF's grandparent's house(left them on a picnic table while no one was home) during our move this past summer - and they gave them away to the church across the street(oh noes)... We hustled on over and retrieved them, fortunately... I'm all for charity - but I draw the line at my crockpots - hahaha!!!

- georgestrings

• Members

georgestrings - I just had shake n' bake & stroganoff noodles. We must be thinking on the same wavelength. Next time though, gunna try what you first posted. I love cream of mushroom soup.

Yeah, it kicks ass, bud - and is stupidly simple to make... It would also work well with pasta...

- georgestrings

• Members

Lately, I've been making chicken in the crock pot. Either a whole chicken, or a bunch of parts. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Let it cook on low all day, then make rice or potatoes, and salad or veggies to go with it. I usually drain the fat and make gravy also! It's so easy. If you want to try something different, use white pepper (and skip the poultry seasoning); it's a bit different than black pepper.

• Members

Lately, I've been making chicken in the crock pot. Either a whole chicken, or a bunch of parts. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Let it cook on low all day, then make rice or potatoes, and salad or veggies to go with it. I usually drain the fat and make gravy also! It's so easy. If you want to try something different, use white pepper (and skip the poultry seasoning); it's a bit different than black pepper.

Lemon and pepper works well, too...

- georgestrings

• Members

Ohhhh...

:thu:
is right.

Do you drain the kraut?

New Years I did a pork tenderloin on the rotiserizer like someone else mentioned. Good stuff.

I think so. My gf did it - she's the real chef.

When we do make it again, we'll add some more kraut at the end of cooking, to give it some more fresh kraut flavor lost during the cooking process.

• Members

I think so. My gf did it - she's the real chef.

When we do make it again, we'll add some more kraut at the end of cooking, to give it some more fresh kraut flavor lost during the cooking process.

Yeah - I'd imagine that adding it towards the end would keep it from getting as mushy - I do the same thing when I make corned beef and cabbage...

- georgestrings

Archived