OT: I'm making porkchops...

georgestrings

• Members

... Those of you who cook, and like porkchops might find this interesting... A friend turned me on to this method a few years ago - it's quite simple and foolproof, and is perfect for working people, or people who are a bit culinary challenged...

I use a 4qt crockpot, but any size the stuff will fit in will do... Get some porkchops, and a large can of condensed cream of mushroom soup - put half the can of soup under the chops, and the other half on top... If you've got 10-12 hours, just leave it on low for that time - otherwise it'll be done in about 8 hours or less on high... Season to taste - I just used parsley, chopped dried onions, a bit of garlic power, fresh ground black pepper, and some Italian seasoning... I'll serve it with a rice dish, and some sort of green veggie, usually - tonight we're having rice pilaf, and a salad... The soup ends up making sort of a gravy, that works really well with the rice - although it works with potatoes, too - and when done, the porkchops will fall apart - no knife needed...

I make all sorts of things in the crockpot - maybe I'll start posting them as I go along, if anyone's interested... This particular meal typically costs under $10 to make, and will feed 3-5 people quite easily...

- georgestrings

• Members

I've done something similar but not in the crockpot. The other night I made a sauce out of the cream of mushroom soup and put it over the chops. It was pretty good.

For a clean healthy omelet, I use two egg whites and one whole egg. I saute veggies in olive oil and use those for the filling. I also cook the omelet with olive oil. Pretty healthy.

• Members

I've done something similar but not in the crockpot. The other night I made a sauce out of the cream of mushroom soup and put it over the chops. It was pretty good.

For a clean healthy omelet, I use two egg whites and one whole egg. I saute veggies in olive oil and use those for the filling. I also cook the omelet with olive oil. Pretty healthy.

Bring a pot to boil with about 3-5in of water in it put all you're egg ingrediants into a ziploc bag with no oil(maybe a little butter substitute or not i don't) then use like a metal kabob rod to skewer the bag to hold it just off the bottom of the pot when it's close to done it'll start to float to one side let it cook maybe 4-5 minutes on that side then push it under so it floats on the other side for the same. Pull the ziploc off the rod open it up and dump the omelet out. It's shaped like a kind of hotpocket type thing and has no extra oils/grease in it + the pot just had the boiling water in it so a quick dry and it's good.

• Members
I make all sorts of things in the crockpot - maybe I'll start posting them as I go along, if anyone's interested... This particular meal typically costs under $10 to make, and will feed 3-5 people quite easily...

- georgestrings

Please do. Any suggestion that saves me time and money and keeps me well-fed is a welcome one.

• Members

We haven't been doing many pork chops lately. We've really been into the pork tenderloins, usually in a rotisserie. Then some wild rice on the side. The tenderloins seem to be more tender than a chop...for the most part. But it could be we just overcook the chops.

ohh my mom's cooking a PT tonight with marinated in lemon and garlic and other miscelaneous(sp??) spices and some sweet potatoes and cornbread and Purple hull peas..... Gonna be soooo good.*drool*

• Members

Put them in seasoned flour, coat them with egg, dip them in breadcrumbs, fry them in a little oil, then bake them for about 20 minutes at 350.

You can also cut up a tenderloin into 1/2" thick pieces and do the same thing. Dee-lish.

Serve with spaetzle - that's the tricky part. :)

One of my favorite simple things to do is to dredge meat - chicken tenderloins are great for this - in seasoned flour, then pan fry them in a little - just a little - butter and olive oil. REALLY easy and taste great.

• Members

Put them in seasoned flour, coat them with egg, dip them in breadcrumbs, fry them in a little oil, then bake them for about 20 minutes at 350.

Serve with spaetzle - that's the tricky part.
:)

One of my favorite simple things to do is to dredge meat - chicken tenderloins are great for this - in seasoned flour, then pan fry them in a little - just a little - butter and olive oil. REALLY easy and taste great.

Last night I dredged some chicken in a bit of flour and parm and fried them in olive oil. Then I covered them with a tomato basil sauce. Kick ass.

• Members

Please do. Any suggestion that saves me time and money and keeps me well-fed is a welcome one.

No prob - other meals I make in the crockpot are:

chili

stew

spaghetti

corned beef and cabbage

BBQ beef, pork, or venison

pot roast

steak, pork, or chicken in Italian salad dressing

... and those are just off the top of my head... Crockpots are great in that you can prep them either the night before or in the morning, then start 'em in the morning, and not have to fuss with them 'til dinner is ready....

I'll post more either as I make them, or as time permits...

- georgestrings(a regular chef-freakin-boy-r-dee)

• Members

... Those of you who cook, and like porkchops might find this interesting... A friend turned me on to this method a few years ago - it's quite simple and foolproof, and is perfect for working people, or people who are a bit culinary challenged...

I use a 4qt crockpot, but any size the stuff will fit in will do... Get some porkchops, and a large can of condensed cream of mushroom soup - put half the can of soup under the chops, and the other half on top... If you've got 10-12 hours, just leave it on low for that time - otherwise it'll be done in about 8 hours or less on high... Season to taste - I just used parsley, chopped dried onions, a bit of garlic power, fresh ground black pepper, and some Italian seasoning... I'll serve it with a rice dish, and some sort of green veggie, usually - tonight we're having rice pilaf, and a salad... The soup ends up making sort of a gravy, that works really well with the rice - although it works with potatoes, too - and when done, the porkchops will fall apart - no knife needed...

- georgestrings

I friggen love my crock pot. It simplifies things a ton, takes little or no effort, just patience and restraint to not keep checking it.

Here is one of my favorites:

2-4 lb chuck roast

Heavily season with a rub (sweet misquite was what I used)

Cover in olive oil

1/4 cup of water

Cook on high 3-4 hours, or until for tender

shred apart, and cover in your favorie BBQ sauce

and serve on hawaiin rolls.:thu:

• Members

Bring a pot to boil with about 3-5in of water in it put all you're egg ingrediants into a ziploc bag with no oil(maybe a little butter substitute or not i don't) then use like a metal kabob rod to skewer the bag to hold it just off the bottom of the pot when it's close to done it'll start to float to one side let it cook maybe 4-5 minutes on that side then push it under so it floats on the other side for the same. Pull the ziploc off the rod open it up and dump the omelet out. It's shaped like a kind of hotpocket type thing and has no extra oils/grease in it + the pot just had the boiling water in it so a quick dry and it's good.

i just puked a little bit in my mouth

:freak:

• Members

porkchops

Nice. Our New Year's Day was similar - pork loin and sauerkraut.

Get some thick cut loin slices, 3 big jars of kraut, some rosemary, thyme, brown sugar. You can use a crockpot if it's large enough - we used a large, covered pan in the oven. Cook at 350 for 6+ hours. The pork just falls apart. I had some frozed leftovers last night.:thu:

• Members

If you don't have time to do the Crockpot thing, the Campbell's Supper Bakes make complete meals for PC and Chix and some other recipes. Pretty much no-brainer, pour the gravy, pour the stuffing, pour the spices....in the right places. Stick it in the oven, tasty dinner in an hour.

thats funny. the whole point of the crockpot is to save time. ;)

• Members

Nice. Our New Year's Day was similar - pork loin and sauerkraut.

Get some thick cut loin slices, 3 big jars of kraut, some rosemary, thyme, brown sugar. You can use a crockpot if it's large enough - we used a large, covered pan in the oven. Cook at 350 for 6+ hours. The pork just falls apart. I had some frozed leftovers last night.
:thu:

Sounds real good, dude - I've also got a 6qt crockpot, but I'm thinking of getting the next step up - I think they call it a cooker, at that point...

- georgestrings

Archived