Need advice on some pedals

fastlikeninja

• Members

first up is a distortion pedal.. i've absolutely zero experience with distortion pedals on bass so i need some suggestions on what's good out there :)

also i was curious if anyone had any experience with Line 6 DL4s on bass. i really want a loop pedal and this thing seems to be the best option. any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated

• Members

first up is a distortion pedal.. i've absolutely zero experience with distortion pedals on bass so i need some suggestions on what's good out there
:)

also i was curious if anyone had any experience with Line 6 DL4s on bass. i really want a loop pedal and this thing seems to be the best option. any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated

Do you want delay? If you do, then the DL4 is a fine option. If you want just looping, you would probably be better of with either the Boss Loopstation of the Digitech JamMan. As for the distortion, what kind of sound do you want?

• Members

for the distortion i'm looking for sort of post-hardcore/metal sound.. like botch, these arms are snakes, or mastodon. i hope those aren't too obscure of references..

and sure i'll take delay :p

one thing that has me worried that i've read about the DL4's is they have a relatively short life expectancy.. hopefully anyone who actually owns one can clear this up for me

• Moderators

Guttermouth told me today he was going to make me sound like Botch. He'll get your reference and he knows pedals inside and out (literally). Shoot him a PM if he doesn't show up and look for references on the first several pages of this forum to the pedals he is building. You won't be disappointed.

• Members

Do you want delay? If you do, then the DL4 is a fine option. If you want just looping, you would probably be better of with either the
of the Digitech
. As for the distortion, what kind of sound do you want?

T-Rex BassJuice. Best damn bass distortion I've ever played through, and I've tried Boss, MXR, Fulltone, Keely, Tech 21, EBS, Maxon, and Electro Harmonix, and none of them sound half as good as the BassJuice. This thing just holds all the low end, whereas all of the rest kill it before outputting the final product.

• Members

Guttermouth told me today he was going to make me sound like Botch. He'll get your reference and he knows pedals inside and out (literally). Shoot him a PM if he doesn't show up and look for references on the first several pages of this forum to the pedals he is building. You won't be disappointed.

+1 :thu:

• Members

Do you know when you're getting it? I want to hear a review on it when you do...

Like I said, I need the money from the eBay auction. Then comes the Gibson SG bass that I can get for $640. I think that leaves like $100 left over for musical stuff. Which means I need $60 more before I can buy. Which should only take 2 weeks tops ({censored}ing Florida employers won't hire me, and when I brush my hair I look damn respectable). But in the next month or so for sure. I'll make a thread. I think Poltergeist ordered one too, he should have it before me.

Archived