NBD: ATK300RSP-BK (Pics)

baracuda2004

• Members

This bass is absolutely gorgeous and plays beautifully. It also has a pretty nice growl to it. From the 3 Musicman basses i've played i'd definately say before you go shell out $1500 go try out one of these Ibby's.. God the neck is so fast. The string height in the "Bridge" pic looks super low and it is yet i haven't gotten any buzz even tuning down to drop-D(haven't tested all frets though just 1-14 on all 4 strings). I might do sound clips later if you guys want, or i might wait till i get me a nice little multi-track recorder and get my GK in there as well. Btw the pickguard is actually made of engraved metal(not plastic) which i really like. The bass is alot lighter then it looks as well, i haven't properly weighed it yet but it feels ALOT lighter then my T-40. The hardware on it is alot darker than the stock pics which is what I was hoping for anyways.

for $469(new) I say Samash just got jacked by themselves. :D

Rocked it non-stop for about an 1.5hr before posting this.

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

• Members

Those are really nice looking and nice playing basses. Especially for that price.

I really like the Koa 700 series one as well.

Oh yeah i was looking at that one for $750 but when i saw this one for $469(so i can get multi-track as well) i went this direction. Want a Koa one day too though for that added J-pup.

ATK750KANT.jpg

• Members

Congrats mate & Welcome to the ATK club!!!!

Those were my thoughts exactly about these basses. Their about one third the price of a stingray but certainly much closer in tone and quality. :thu:

Love the etched pickguard and bridge-plate on yours too!! I've not seen any like that before. Very cool! :cool:

DSCF0313.jpg

Archived