WOT: Here's the reason why I say burglars should be shot to death - without hesitatio

georgestrings

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a few weapons around the house. Bedroom, Kitchen, basement. have quick access to them. Unless I am right next to my front door, I can get to them faster than in intruder can get to me. They are loaded and not locked up, but I don't have small kids in the house. my son is 22 and former ROTC and knows every weapon in the house damn near as well as I do.

They aren't. A locked up weapon or unloaded wapon is an expensive paperweight.

Yes. I happen to know that the police have absolutely no reason to take down my door with a no-knock warrant. If they make a mistake and get shot, that is their fault. This happened a few years ago in Denver and they killed the innocent homeowner. That's not gonna be me or my wife.

No, I would shoot with thinking.

I guess your expectations have been exceeded today.

According to Goofball, you're a paranoid nut who's seconds away from committing an accidental act of manslaughter...

- georgestrings

• CMS Author

Why is the discussion now centered around who is fit to carry a gun in their own home? As long as you haven't been convicted of a felony or deemed mentally unstable, it's within your Constitutional right.

Diverting the discussion to personal attacks serves no useful purpose.

The issue is whether killing predators like these two in the act would be justifiable shoots.

• Members

we all know juggsy is full of {censored} though.....

Lick my scrote bitch. :D

Nah, not full of {censored}. I'm a gun owner. I'm responsible with them. I know what the hell I'm doing with them. And I hope like hell I never have to shoot someone.

But I'm also realistic. I live in a good sized city. Bad {censored} happens. Hopefully it will never happen to me or my family. If it does, then I'm prepared. If it doesn't, I have a fun hobby. Shooting at the range is a kick in the ass.

I have no desire whatsoever to kill another human being. But I definitely won't let someone else kill my family. I don't think that's an unreasonable stance at all.

• Members

Lick my scrote bitch.
:D

Nah, not full of {censored}. I'm a gun owner. I'm responsible with them. I know what the hell I'm doing with them. And I hope like hell I never have to shoot someone.

But I'm also realistic. I live in a good sized city. Bad {censored} happens. Hopefully it will never happen to me or my family. If it does, then I'm prepared. If it doesn't, I have a fun hobby. Shooting at the range is a kick in the ass.

I have no desire whatsoever to kill another human being. But I definitely won't let someone else kill my family. I don't think that's an unreasonable stance at all.

:love:

• Members

I have a few weapons around the house. Bedroom, Kitchen, basement. have quick access to them. Unless I am right next to my front door, I can get to them faster than in intruder can get to me. They are loaded and not locked up, but I don't have small kids in the house. my son is 22 and former ROTC and knows every weapon in the house damn near as well as I do.

Make sure you're a better shot than the guy coming in....no matter how much you practice, someone else may have practiced more. Also, should always have no open windows around your house as a skilled sniper could take you out before they even break in.

I'm just saying...

• CMS Author

No, just owners such as yourself.

Make sure you're a better shot than the guy coming in....no matter how much you practice, someone else may have practiced more. Also, should always have no open windows around your house as a skilled sniper could take you out before they even break in.

I'm just saying...

I've yet to read anything that indicates paranoia. You seem to indicate that merely owning a gun is proof. This so? If not, what's your reasoning?

• Members

i am totally not a gun guy at all (only because i cant aim
). there is a total failure in our justice system for these pieces of {censored} to be out and able to hurt, sexually abuse, and kill women and children. there is absolutely no excuse for this.

Criminal law is usually decided by the state gov't (although federal law keeps encroaching on state territory), so it varies depending on where you are. Overall, I would agree with you. Our justice system needs to be overhauled in numerous places around the country.

I work in a maximum security prison in Minnesota, where we have murderers, rapists, child molesters, guys convicted of multiple armed robberies... you name it. There is no justice in some of these guys' cases. We just got a guy that shot his wife, and he's doing a "life" sentence for the murders, which in Minnesota is 30 years. Another guy stabbed his wife to death, and he's got life w/o parole, so he'll never get out. One case that sticks in my head is of this guy who blew his girlfriend's brains out with a rifle, totally premeditated. I guess the court thought otherwise though, 'cause he's only doing ten years. Think about being that girl's mother - the guy that murdered your 19-year-old daughter in cold blood will be a free man the year your daughter would've turned 29.

• Members

This burglary was a huge big deal here in CT. When the guy got out of the hospital there was a big candlelight vigil for his wife and daughter. Tons of donations, you name it. It was a bad situation...and very very sad!!!

As far as defending your home against 2 armed men that just busted down the door. Unless I was actually in the situation, it's hard to tell what I would do. Right now...it would be run to the guns, and get armed...fast. I highly doubt they would shoot...but you never know. I certainly wouldn't be sitting on my hands waiting for them to kill me though. I'd be putting up a major fight.

If I wasn't able to run for guns...they'd have to deal with my fighting. They most likely wouldn't be armed for very long...or conscious.

• Members

No, just owners such as yourself.

I'm just saying...

And what exactly makes me paranoid? I have no expectation of ever having to use a gun to defend my home, but the possibility exists.

In fact twice I have had neighbors murdered. One was 20 years ago. One was less than a year ago. My whole neighborhood was {censored} down while the cops looked for the perp. They found his gun about 100 feet from my house where he tried to ditch it. He had already killed someone else, so if he had decided to break into another house and take hostages, I MAY have needed a gun, but luckily that didn't happen.

Being prepared in case something bad DOES happen does not make you paranoid. It makes you prepared.

Do you keep flares in your car? Maybe a candy bar or a first aid kit? Are you paranoid for doing so?

And I can pretty much assure you that 99.9% of the time I'm a better shot than the other guy. I'm a better shot than my drummer and singer and they are both cops. I've been shooting since I was a kid and I'm damn good. Always have been.

• Members

Lick my scrote bitch.

I have no desire whatsoever to kill another human being.
But I definitely won't let someone else kill my family. I don't think that's an unreasonable stance at all.

Coyotes, however, are another story altogether...

• Members

You really don't know what you're talking about - although I don't expect much more from you...

BTW - how many murders per year in Chicago - any guess???

- georgestrings

The great majority of murders are either between people who know each other, or are involved in criminal activity with one another. The chances of you being murdered in random violence (the scenario being defended here) are vanishingly small.

The vast majority of break ins occur when no one is home. This is not because burglars are afraid of armed occupants, but because they just are looking for easy things to steal. If you're not home, and you have lots of guns at home, there are now more guns on the street.

• Members

And what exactly makes me paranoid? I have no expectation of ever having to use a gun to defend my home, but the possibility exists.

In fact twice I have had neighbors murdered. One was 20 years ago. One was less than a year ago. My whole neighborhood was {censored} down while the cops looked for the perp. They found his gun about 100 feet from my house where he tried to ditch it. He had already killed someone else, so if he had decided to break into another house and take hostages, I MAY have needed a gun, but luckily that didn't happen.

I'm sorry you were exposed to all this...do you have a link to the news story for all this as I'd be interested to read more about it?

• Members

Then you've missed some posts. Carrying a gun on you the whole time while you're home along with a knife....while at home relaxing watching TV or whatever....doesn't strike you as a tad paranoid?

That's merely owning a gun for you? If so, I stand corrected. No one is paranoid at all.

I never said I carry at all times and when I'm at home.

• Members

I'm sorry you were exposed to all this...do you have a link to the news story for all this as I'd love to read more about it?

Don't know if I can find it or not. But it really didn't upset me that much. As I said, the cops pretty much shut down the whole neighborhood til they found the guy. Luckily he wasn't so desperate that he went further with his little escapade. It started with some drug deal gone bad in the low-income Apartments a few blocks away.

It was some time last summer, but I don't really remember the date. I'm sure you could peruse the Denver Post or Rocky Mountain News websites looking for it if you're that curious.

• Members

You're right, Ric N Backer did. Though I wonder, is he a cop himself? That would explain a great many things.

It would. I know my singer and drummer are both REQUIRED to carry at all times.

Makes it nice when we play a gig. Don't have to rely on the bouncers and I don't have to bounce {censored}. :D

Archived