WOT: Here's the reason why I say burglars should be shot to death - without hesitatio

georgestrings

• Members

Please don't stick another nickel in this georgestrings person. He's really 100yr old former POTUS, Ronald Reagan, and he's got nothing better to do when he gets bored with lighting farts with Elvis. He comes to the forum to see who he can rattle. Don't play his game.

+1

Without hesitatio

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to ask...how would someone defend against TWO armed men busting into your house very quickly? Do you hold a gun or carry one on your person the whole time you're home? If someone kicked down your door with guns drawn, how do you defend against that? Suppose you had a whole arsenal of guns in your house, do you keep them out and loaded...with children around? Or do you keep them in a safe or lock-box?

Ok, if they're in a lock-box, how do you get them out quickly enough to defend yourself when two men kick down your door?

Another senario...what if two men were "acting" like police officers? Fake badges are pretty easy to come by....they kick down your door, identify themselves as police officers by yelling it out....come in with guns drawn. But then they're really criminals like these two idiots in the original story. How do you defend against that? Do you just shoot them anyway, even though they "may" be actual police officers? Do you make those snap judgments?

What if real police do this, as they have been known to get wrong addresses before and come busting into a house. Do you shoot without thinking?

I don't expect any of my questions to be answered or addressed. But continue on.

• Members

I have to ask...how would someone defend against TWO armed men busting into your house very quickly? Do you hold a gun or carry one on your person the whole time you're home? If someone kicked down your door with guns drawn, how do you defend against that?

I have my carry gun and a pair of speed loaders on me at all times till I go to bed. a gun out of reach or in a lock box is useless for the reasons you described.

my other Guns are kept in a safe with my ammo so my kids do not get curious. they have been taught to respect guns, how they work and not to touch them but if they did I feel that they understand the dangers. I at no time leave a Gun accessable to anyone but me.

I have a knife on my belt too. a small one, not one for defense. I have it for the same reason I have a a gun, you never know when you need to cut something.

it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have one

it is not paranoid to be prepared. it is called self preservation

• Members

I have my carry gun and a pair of speed loaders on me at all times till I go to bed. a gun out of reach or in a lock box is useless for the reasons you described.

my other Guns are kept in a safe with my ammo so my kids do not get curious. they have been taught to respect guns, how they work and not to touch them but if they did I feel that they understand the dangers. I at no time leave a Gun accessable to anyone but me.

I have a knife on my belt too. a small one, not one for defense. I have it for the same reason I have a a gun, you never know when you need to cut something.

No...not paranoid at all. Nope....:freak:

• Members

Hmmmm........just wondering.......why are your doors unlocked or open? Maybe it's where and how I grew up but no one is just 'walking in' my house! My doors are locked at all times. I'm not seeing this addressed here. And I'm definitely not unlocking my door and allowing someone to have access to my home when I'm not there. Where's the logic in that??

Having someone break into your (locked) home and you defending it is one thing but this 'open door' policy bugs the hell out of me!

• Members

Where's your carry gun when you're asleep?

• Members

I have to ask...how would someone defend against TWO armed men busting into your house very quickly? Do you hold a gun or carry one on your person the whole time you're home? If someone kicked down your door with guns drawn, how do you defend against that? Suppose you had a whole arsenal of guns in your house, do you keep them out and loaded...with children around? Or do you keep them in a safe or lock-box?

Ok, if they're in a lock-box, how do you get them out quickly enough to defend yourself when two men kick down your door?

Another senario...what if two men were "acting" like police officers? Fake badges are pretty easy to come by....they kick down your door, identify themselves as police officers by yelling it out....come in with guns drawn. But then they're really criminals like these two idiots in the original story. How do you defend against that? Do you just shoot them anyway, even though they "may" be actual police officers? Do you make those snap judgments?

What if real police do this, as they have been known to get wrong addresses before and come busting into a house. Do you shoot without thinking?

I don't expect any of my questions to be answered or addressed. But continue on.

I have a loaded gun near me at all times - a snubby .357mag at the moment... my doors are pretty stout(not by accident) - if someone starts to kick them in, I'm going to be armed and ready before they get through - and having done fairly well in IPSC and IDPA comps, I would have no trouble shooting several intruders at one time... All of my guns get locked in the safe when I leave, then it gets reopened when the GF or I am home - my youngest daughter is 16, so what works for me won't work for everyone...

RE: the fake LEOs - since I am not engaging in any illegal activity, there is no reason for my house to get raided - so, I'm shooting anyone who's breaking in, badge or not... There have been actual cases of home invasions in my area by fake LEOs - so it's a very real threat - and in the case it's the real thing, and THEY made a mistake - a homeowner is STILL within their rights to defend themselves under such circumstances... Police that make such raids need to be DAMN SURE they're getting it right - and personally, I think that no-knock warrants are used WAY too often, anyways...

I refuse to just roll over and let anyone take over my home by force - and that's worked pretty well for me... I can't imagine standing there, doing nothing as your home was being invaded - and truth is, simple burgaries turn into brutal home invasions all too often...

- georgestrings

• Members

Hmmmm........just wondering.......why are your doors unlocked or open? Maybe it's where and how I grew up but no one is just 'walking in' my house! My doors are locked at all times. I'm not seeing this addressed here. And I'm definitely not unlocking my door and allowing someone to have access to my home when I'm not there. Where's the logic in that??

Having someone break into your (locked) home and you defending it is one thing but this 'open door' policy bugs the hell out of me!

I've been thinking the same thing - who in their right mind leaves their home open, and tells another to "just go right in"??? Besides my guns, I've got a fair amount of musical gear, and tools - no way in hell is my house going to be left unlocked when one of us isn't there... Besides, my friends all know me well enough that they wouldn't think of just walking in, even if I was at home - a fairly simple common curtesy is the KNOCK 1st before entering - who DOESN'T do that???!!!

- georgestrings

• Members

I can't believe this has turned into a discussion. How can anyone argue on behalf of these pieces of {censored} that did this?

I don't think anyone here is arguing on behalf of the criminals. The argument centers around when it is appropriate to use force to defend your home.

• Members

RE: the fake LEOs - since I am not engaging in any illegal activity, there is no reason for my house to get raided - so, I'm shooting anyone who's breaking in, badge or not... There have been actual cases of home invasions in my area by fake LEOs - so it's a very real threat - and in the case it's the real thing, and THEY made a mistake - a homeowner is STILL within their rights to defend themselves under such circumstances... Police that make such raids need to be DAMN SURE they're getting it right - and personally, I think that no-knock warrants are used WAY too often, anyways...

So you would end up dead....

But anyway, you've demonstrated that you should not be allowed to own a firearm. You're an accident waiting to happen. Accidental manslaughter is just around the corner from you. Also, I cannot imagine the world of fear you must live in. Where hell do you live, Baghdad? :(

• Members

So you would end up dead....

But anyway, you've demonstrated that you should not be allowed to own a firearm. You're an accident waiting to happen. Accidental manslaughter is just around the corner from you. Also, I cannot imagine the world of fear you must live in.
:(

You really don't know what you're talking about - although I don't expect much more from you...

BTW - how many murders per year in Chicago - any guess???

- georgestrings

• Members

I have a few weapons around the house. Bedroom, Kitchen, basement. have quick access to them. Unless I am right next to my front door, I can get to them faster than in intruder can get to me. They are loaded and not locked up, but I don't have small kids in the house. my son is 22 and former ROTC and knows every weapon in the house damn near as well as I do.

They aren't. A locked up weapon or unloaded wapon is an expensive paperweight.

Yes. I happen to know that the police have absolutely no reason to take down my door with a no-knock warrant. If they make a mistake and get shot, that is their fault. This happened a few years ago in Denver and they killed the innocent homeowner. That's not gonna be me or my wife.

No, I would shoot with thinking.

I guess your expectations have been exceeded today.

• Members

Well, Goofball - Juggs pretty much posted the same reply as I did - are you going to say the same of him???

- georgestrings

Yes, thanks. Juggs, you're paranoid also.

There, happy?

Perhaps a walled compound in Montana would be more to your sensibilities. Razor wire and motion detectors with armed guards at each corner 24/7. I mean, you can never been TOO safe.

Archived