WOT: Here's the reason why I say burglars should be shot to death - without hesitatio

georgestrings

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just saying that yours is an unusual arrangement - and if as you described, you've still been lucky that nothing has happened to you, yet... You have to admit, there's a big difference between someone who routinely allows strangers to access their home, and the average victim of a burglary who doesn't have such an arrangement...

- georgestrings

There is certainly a difference. I'm just trying to show you that there are very innocent instances of nonfamily/loved ones entering a residence that do have every right to do so with out having to risk getting shot at.

Care to explain how I'm lucky nothing's happened to me yet? Why should I be even remotely concerned for my safety upon entering a client's home beyond the possibility of a dog bite? Are you suggesting that I'm being paid by them to go to their house and get shot? That it's somehow my fault a paranoid and absent minded person forgot to cancel the appointment that they themselves scheduled?

I'm certainly not anti gun and I believe that people have every right to arm themselves and protect their homes and family. I also believe in a semi rational assessment of situations that could potentially end a person's life. I'm certainly not going to feel bad for someone that gets shot while breaking and entering, but I don't necesarily think the shoot first mantra is the way to go either.

• Members

i am totally not a gun guy at all (only because i cant aim :D). there is a total failure in our justice system for these pieces of {censored} to be out and able to hurt, sexually abuse, and kill women and children. there is absolutely no excuse for this.

• Members

There is certainly a difference. I'm just trying to show you that there are very innocent instances of nonfamily/loved ones entering a residence that do have every right to do so with out having to risk getting shot at.

Care to explain how I'm lucky nothing's happened to me yet? Why should I be even remotely concerned for my safety upon entering a client's home beyond the possibility of a dog bite? Are you suggesting that I'm being paid them to go to their house to get shot? That it's somehow my fault a paranoid and absent minded person forgot to cancel the appointment that they themselves scheduled?

do you just walk into the houses or do you knock on the door and wait? are you given a key? that really changes the conversation.

• Members

Care to explain how I'm lucky nothing's happened to me yet? Why should I be even remotely concerned for my safety upon entering a client's home beyond the possibility of a dog bite? Are you suggesting that I'm being paid them to go to their house to get shot? That it's somehow my fault a paranoid and absent minded person forgot to cancel the appointment that they themselves scheduled?

No, I'm not saying it would be your fault - but if one of them wasn't expecting anyone, and you just walked in, I could see how that *could* turn fatal one day... I certainly don't wish anything bad to happen to you, and I'm not trying to compare you to a burglar in any way...

- georgestrings

• Members
Wow.

Yeah. :rolleyes:

George, if I had shot someone, justified or not, I wouldn't go around talking on the internet about it. I would keep that to myself - and maybe a counselor.

And then procede to talk about being judge & jury for anyone who you perceive to be a criminal. Yeah, the case you cited was awful. Those guys were career criminals and shouldn't have been released. To use an extreme case like that to rationalize your inner rage (which you express in one way or another practically on a daily basis) is {censored}ed up, bro. I know and am good friends with lot of gun owners and they don't think like that.

I feel sorry for you, man. I really do.

But I'm totally done talking to you. So go ahead and post all the inflammatory bull{censored} you want to come up with. Judging from a lot of other posts on this thread, I don't think I'm alone. :p

• Members

do you just walk into the houses or do you knock on the door and wait? are you given a key? that really changes the conversation.

Well, I'm in Chicago and go all over most of the Northside. In a few buildings on LSD, I just deal with door men, so those places obviously don't apply. Usually, I have a key, and the clients, of course, know this.

Honestly, though, that doesn't seem to make a difference. Most of the time, people aren't by their front doors and can't hear me using a key to open the door. Most of the time they're in their home office, bedroom or some sort of hang out room. Let's not forget, in their mind I'm not supposed to be there, it's just I don't know that because they forgot to fill me in.

The cicumstances of my entry don't really matter when the mindset of the client is taken in to account.

• Members

I think the morons who granted parole to those subhumans should be held accountable. Seriously; I cannot for the life of me, fathom the reasoning behind granting the release of {censored}bags who clearly cannot be rehabilitated. And it's not about 20/20 hindsight either, it's about common sense.

• Members

Well, I'm in Chicago and go all over most of the Northside. In a few buildings on LSD, I just deal with door men, so those places obviously don't apply. Usually, I have a key, and the clients, of course, know this.

Honestly, though, that doesn't seem to make a difference. Most of the time, people aren't by their front doors and can't hear me using a key to open the door. Most of the time they're in their home office, bedroom or some sort of hang out room. Let's not forget, in their mind I'm not supposed to be there, it's just I don't know that because they forgot to fill me in.

The cicumstances of my entry don't really matter when the mindset of the client is taken in to account.

you do have big balls. i wouldn't do that. i would ring the door bell or knock before i walked in using a key

• Members

I think the morons who granted parole to those subhumans should be held accountable. Seriously; I cannot for the life of me, fathom the reasoning behind granting the release of clearly who clearly cannot be rehabilitated. And it's not about 20/20 hindsight either, it's about common sense.

This I absolutely agree with. To me, the issue here isn't the right to arm the citizen. These two scumbags should have never been in a position to do this in the first place. How many priors did these guys have? 20? Not a second amendment issue.

• Members
Yeah.
:rolleyes:

George, if I had shot someone,
justified or not
, I wouldn't go around talking on the internet about it. I would keep that to myself - and maybe a counselor.

And then procede to talk about being judge & jury for anyone who you perceive to be a criminal. Yeah, the case you cited was awful. Those guys were career criminals and shouldn't have been released. To use an extreme case like that to rationalize your inner rage (which you express in one way or another practically on a daily basis) is {censored}ed up, bro. I know and am good friends with lot of gun owners and they don't think like that.

I feel sorry for you, man. I really do.

But I'm totally done talking to you. So go ahead and post all the inflammatory bull{censored} you want to come up with. Judging from a lot of other posts on this thread, I don't think I'm alone.
:p

The reason why I mention my own burglary experiences is because I'm not ashamed of anything I did, nor do I feel the least bit guilty - and it was well over 20 years ago... Turns out, "my" burglar was a career type, also - who is probably rotting in a prison cell, or dead - so I don't feel the least bit of regret for shooting him - hell, I probably saved a few victims after the fact...

As for being "judge&jury" - that's what people get when they break into other's home - and it isn't just my "perception" - it's reality when someone is breaking into your home that they ARE a criminal...

I didn't use an "extreme" case for any other reason other than to point out the sort of thing that happens in this country EVERY SINGLE DAY - and that people should consider that when they decide how to protect their homes(and when they castigate someone else for arming themselves in defense of their own homes)... Talking about my "inner rage" merely deflects attention away from the issue that there are bad people out there, and that good people do get victimized in their own homes - and that *maybe* if this family had a means of defense OTHER than 911, they'd be alive and well...

BTW - I gave up caring what people think of me a long time ago - and that goes for this forum as well...

- georgestrings

• Members

you do have big balls. i wouldn't do that. i would ring the door bell or knock before i walked in using a key

Hell, yeah - or announce myself in some sort of manner... All it takes is ONE unfortunate encounter under those circumstances to cause a big mess... That's why I said he was lucky nothing has happened yet if it's that frequent...

- georgestrings

• Members

The reason why I mention my own burglary experiences is because I'm not ashamed of anything I did, nor do I feel the least bit guilty - and it was well over 20 years ago... Turns out, "my" burglar was a career type, also - who is probably rotting in a prison cell, or dead - so I don't feel the least bit of regret for shooting him - hell, I probably saved a few victims after the fact...

As for being "judge&jury" - that's what people get when they break into other's home - and it isn't just my "perception" - it's reality when someone is breaking into your home that they ARE a criminal...

I didn't use an "extreme" case for any other reason other than to point out the sort of thing that happens in this country EVERY SINGLE DAY - and that people should consider that when they decide how to protect their homes(and when they castigate someone else for arming themselves in defense of their own homes)... Talking about my "inner rage" merely deflects attention away from the issue that there are bad people out there, and that good people do get victimized in their own homes - and that *maybe* if this family had a means of defense OTHER than 911, they'd be alive and well...

BTW - I gave up caring what people think of me a long time ago - and that goes for this forum as well...

- georgestrings

If stuff like this happens EVERY SINGLE DAY, then why the hell don't you post about it more? Seems like you would.

Oh wait, that is because it doesn't. Burglaries happen every day, this stuff does not.

Over and out.

• Members

very doubtful. Burglary does happen daily, but the type of situation you posted here, not so much.

The bottom line is that if somebody is at my house, trying to break in, that is not supposed to be there, that is no accident.... they know what they are doing, and that they shouldn't be there.....as a parent, I need to assume the worst-case scenario - in this case, the Petit family tragedy - because I don't know if they are at my home to steal a few items or harm my family, but the fact is that they shouldnt be at my house at all - PERIOD - and, because I know that there are looneys like thses guys out in the world, these people pose a possible life/death threat, and I dont have time to debate with my conscience about their motives..... and if the advantage of surprise is on my side, I may have to use it... I dont care how rare an "In Cold Blood" scenario happens -- the fact that it does happen is enough to warrant extreme methods without prejudice

Ive said this in the other thread about the guy that shot his neighbor's intruders --- there is a possibility that someone's innocent life was saved that night

I don't understand how these guys did not get a murder charge -- you know that a Doctor is going to have some top-notch lawyer, and these scumbags somehow avoided murder charges with public defendents....

The parole board and the state of Connecticut should be sued by this Doctor, because they are the ones who failed -- they were the ones that OK'd that these guys could be released into the public and that is a blatant failure of the system....... If the parole board says that these men met all the criteria for parole, then obviously their current criteria is in error, and the suing of state and parole board doesnt change.........

It saddens me because this case should of had severe repercussions on a national level, but it didn't.... After a tragedy like this and this outcome, I have no clue how our justice system can be fixed............

They looked like a nice family-- Im sure Mr Petit taught his daughters right from wrong.... How am I supposed to explain to my daughter that when bad people do bad things, they can pretty much get away with it?

• Members

snip

And as much of a possibility there is that an innocent life is saved, there is the same possibility that other innocent lives will be lost by rushing into a situation like this instead of doing what can be done to avoid it.

If someone is breaking into your house and you have an available escape route, it is not a need to protect your family that leads to confronting the intruder, it is ego, plain and simple.

I have no problem with force, even lethal force, being used when necessary, but anyone who says that there is no time to logically assess the situation probably isn't capable of determining when force is necessary. It should only take a split second to determine: someone is breaking down my door and my available exits are a, b, and c and my family is in location d and e, can I get to them and get them out? What is the safest option for them?

• Members

And as much of a possibility there is that an innocent life is saved, there is the same possibility that other innocent lives will be lost by rushing into a situation like this instead of doing what can be done to avoid it.

If someone is breaking into your house and you have an available escape route,

..and here is the rub..... an intruder breaking into my house is not - I repeat NOT - innocent

I shouldnt need an available escape route, because they shouldnt be at my house at all to begin with.... -- an innocent person obeys the law and doesnt have to worry about being shot at by homeowners because an innocent person wouldnt be breaking into my house in the first place....Somebody breaking into my house is breaking the law and is a threat to my family....

Im not going to debate this on the forum--- Ive said what I had to say about it.........

• Members

The silence from the anti-gun types is pretty noteable - apparantly dialing 911 isn't the answer to every situation...

- georgestrings

The silence is because I know that Elvis and Jim Morrison put you up to this. You're really that muck-racking Ronald Reagan ... faked your own death. Now you, Elvis & Jim think you're hilarious with your shenanigans. I know better than to be drawn into your malarkey.

• Members

very doubtful. Burglary does happen daily, but the type of situation you posted here, not so much.

Please don't stick another nickel in this georgestrings person. He's really 100yr old former POTUS, Ronald Reagan, and he's got nothing better to do when he gets bored with lighting farts with Elvis. He comes to the forum to see who he can rattle. Don't play his game.

Archived