[potstirring] would you install GPS tracking in your teenager?

catphish

• Members

NO WAY !

I am sure there will be times when I don't want to know where they are.
:lol:

I work with a guy who's daughter has messed some 30 days of school so far and won't tell him where she is going. I'd put one in her.

Does she still lives at home and have all her bills paid??

• Members

My wife wants to chip our kid, "just to be safe in case of something bad happening" and I feel really weird about it. On one hand, if someone did abduct him then it would help us track him. On the other hand, it's a huge invasion of privacy and the fact he just turned 3 means he has no clue about any of this.

Would you chip your 3 year old, "just in case"?

When would you tell them about it if you did chip them? When would you think about having it removed?

• Members

My wife wants to chip our kid, "just to be safe in case of something bad happening" and I feel really weird about it. On one hand, if someone did abduct him then it would help us track him. On the other hand, it's a huge invasion of privacy and the fact he just turned 3 means he has no clue about any of this.

When would you tell them about it if you did chip them? When would you think about having it removed?

This might help you decide.

• Members

What chip are you referring to? Is is actually track-able? or is it just an ID like my dog's avid chip?

• Members

Mine will have cellphones. When they don't answer or respond when they're in my house, under my rules, then we'll talk tracking devices.
:)
With possible video and audio surveillance... (on my daughter(s) at least!!)

I agree. You give them the trust first. If they break it, you go to some type of monitoring until they earn it back.

• Members

Sprint has this thing out now, you can track someone from the location of their phone. One of the reasons I just leave mine at home most of the time.

They even had that years ago when I was with them. You could turn it off, or so they said. I had it "off" but you never know if it really was or not.

Archived