How much would an old SWR Big Ben go for?

Joey Joe Joe

• Members

I did a completed eBay auction list and all I can tell you is that there isn't a high demand for them. Three completed auction.

1: $400 w/ hard case, no bids (shipping 138)

2: $103, 4 bids, reserve not met (shipping 166)

3: $291, no bids, reserve not met (shipping 95)

Sorry man, looks like you need to sell it locally and to wait a while to get a decent price.

• Members

I did a completed eBay auction list and all I can tell you is that there isn't a high demand for them. Three completed auction.

1: $400 w/ hard case, no bids (shipping 138)

2: $103, 4 bids, reserve not met (shipping 166)

3: $291, no bids, reserve not met (shipping 95)

Sorry man, looks like you need to sell it locally and to wait a while to get a decent price.

With a hard case??? Do 1x18

• Members

the big ben is the 2x15 right? That would sound awesome with my goliath III wouldn't it?

If you lived close by I would probably take a look.

The Big Ben is actually the 1x18" cab. I love it, but I never gig with it... I always just use my Goliath II. And yes, they sound awesome together!

If you drive up here to buy it off me, I'll buy you lunch. Deal?

• Members

The Big Ben is actually the 1x18" cab. I love it, but I never gig with it... I always just use my Goliath II. And yes, they sound awesome together!

If you drive up here to buy it off me, I'll buy you lunch. Deal?

Hehe thanks for the offer, thats only 500 miles or so right? :eek: Yeah, I forgot its the big bertha thats the 2x15.

Oh, and staying sorta on topic... some guy near me is selling a good megoliath for $700. He also said he might trade for some of my gear plus cash... I guess I need to decide on whether or not I need to upgrade. I might be in a band again soon, I'm auditioning tommorrow so I've been on the lookout for good deals.

• Members

I've seen a few come up on UK Ebay, they don't sell well.

Can't think of a reasonable reason why, but I guess 10, 15 and now 12" cabs are the popular choices so people tend not to think about 18" as a viable option.

They're great sounding cabs, and it's quite a bit lighter than a 4x10... which is always nice. I know what you mean though, I'd never think of going out to buy a 1x18 cab for my rig. I'll probably put it up on Craigslist over the weekend, maybe I'll get lucky.

Archived