Flats

Thumper

• Members

I've had webstrings flats on my MIA '62 Jazz reissue for the last year or so. They're nice, dead and thumpy. I brought the bass to rehearsal tonight...

Keys guy: Oh...the bass with flat wounds...

Me: Yep...

Keys guy at the end of rehearsal: JEEBUS!!! :love:

I love the way they sit in the mix. Neck pup soloed has thud for days. Solo the bridge pup, and it growls like a pit bull on crack. Both pups cranked is the Voice of an Angry Old Testament Jehovah...

That is all.

• Members

I've had webstrings flats on my MIA '62 Jazz reissue for the last year or so. They're nice, dead and thumpy. I brought the bass to rehearsal tonight...

Keys guy: Oh...the bass with flat wounds...

Me: Yep...

Keys guy at the end of rehearsal: JEEBUS!!!
:love:

I love the way they sit in the mix. Neck pup soloed has thud for days. Solo the bridge pup, and it growls like a pit bull on crack. Both pups cranked is the Voice of an Angry Old Testament Jehovah...

That is all.

Yeah, I love it when bass sounds like all bassy and stuff. :thu::thu::thu::thu:

• Members

Good stuff.

I like my flats (on a P) but will try something besides Fender strings next time. I want a bit more brightness & bite.

I've got Chromes on my P right now. I've played other forumites basses with 'em on but didn't understand the hype. Now that I've got 'em on my own bass, they're really different. They just might be what your looking for. Otherwise, try GHS Briteflats(grounds). I had them on the same bass for almost a year. Great strings. IMHO, the Chromes are giving me much more brightness than regular flats...and the Brightflats give a different kind of brightness(slightly) and lots mo' growl.

• Members

Good stuff.

I like my flats (on a P) but will try something besides Fender strings next time. I want a bit more brightness & bite.

those fenders are the tightest strings ive ever used. daddario flats are what i have on my highway one P and it totally owns everything in the universe, im not lying either.

• Members

those fenders are the tightest strings ive ever used. daddario flats are what i have on my highway one P and it totally owns everything in the universe, im not lying either.

Fenders are tight, but the light gauge set is comparable to the Chromes medium.

The Fenders loosen up nicely, and few flats both thump and growl both like they do.

• Members

flats are great!

I have recently been digging ground wounds/half wounds again

ML Warriner sent me a pack of these:

http://www.daddario.com/DADProdDetail.aspx?CodaID=577&ID=3&Class=ACCA

:love::love:

they are great! Really strike me an excellent medium. They soung GREAT on the MM SUB. Can't get them here so I have wait for a buddy to bring some more...but they are going on the Kingston next as well!

• Members

Flats have been around longer than most people on this Forum. I've been playing guitar 46 years and they were around before me.

James Jamerson and that "SWEET" Motown sound of the 60's. P Bass with Flats.....

Chromes on my P Bass have the that "Tone to the Bone Tone"..........

OMB

• Members

I keep flats on only two of my basses, MIJ Jazz and MIA L-2000

I love the fender 9050L flats, the high tension on them is great and fits my playstyle - once I adjusted the neck for the tension, both basses played low and oh so sweet - they have a great feel too, super slick and nice on the hands - classic midrange qualities and smooth bass response

I hated TI's, was like trying to play notes on a wet noodle, WAY too little tension on them for my tastes

Archived