Concert Review: Brad Paisley

slapthefunkyfour

• Members

So I'm at work yesterday. My friend calls me up and says he has an extra ticket to the Brad Paisley concert that night. I say how much do you want for it, and he says just the pleasure of your company. So I got to go see Brad Paisley for free!!

Some guy named Chuck something opened up, but I didn't get there in time to hear him.

Rodney Atkins came next. The mix was horrible. All you could hear was the vocals and the drums. You could tell he was tired. Not very entertaining to watch. He has some great songs on the radio, but the live show was pretty lacking.

Brad Paisley came up. A gigantic wall of Dr. Z amps turned into a fancy lighting rig. Awesome light show, amazing sound mix, and of course, a kick ass band. He played Folsom Prison Blues, but double time. :thu: They played half the set, and the band went backstage. He came out and did a few songs with just him on the acoustic. He started playing "Whiskey Lullaby" all alone on the acoustic, and the band came out and joined him. I thought who does he have to sing the girl part? Then a sillouette appeared on the side of the stage, and when the female part started, I was amazed to see Allison Krauss singing there!!! But my excitement was short lived. It took me a verse to realize that she was just being projected onto a video screen. But holy carp, it was so close to real, I had to tell my brain that it was fake.

All in all, it was a great show. If Brad comes to your town, go see him. Even if you don't like country, you should go just to see/hear the amazing things he can do on that telecaster.

:thu::thu:

Archived