i've decided i prefer playing shows when i don't invite anyone to come see me play

bassesofalessergod

• Members

You don't actually have to get the bitches to spit game. Hell, even C7 knows that.

If your game suffers because someone you know is in the crowd, then your game is weak.

my {censored} never suffers......

dont be fooled.

I rock the house regardless.

But it is inspiring to see a roomful of people who dont know you digging it.

• Members

nah.

i prefer to see strangers digging what i'm doing.

Obvioulsy your frineds are going to tell you its good......

Or just bring a parent.

"Well, it sounded ok, but that one singer you had (this was my country band) is really kind of bad on about half the songs."

Thanks Mom.

• Members

+1. I gotta hitch up to the BOALGwagon on this one, folks.

My friends are blunt and honest, but again, compliments from strangers is cooler. And seeing people who are actually starting to know our songs and singing along at show!?!?! I still can't believe it when I see 'em.

• Members

My friends are blunt and honest, but again, compliments from strangers is cooler. And seeing people who are actually starting to know our songs and singing along at show!?!?! I still can't believe it when I see 'em.

:thu:

Your band is damn good. You guys should be proud.

I said it before, I typically do not like music that is even close to jam band-ish. I had an old roommate ruin the genre. And against all odds, I really dig the UBP CD. A lot.

My metal band is also finally getting a decent fan base. I love seeing strangers rocking out in the crowd, but it is even cooler to see the same strangers at multiple shows. It is such a good feeling, and oddly strange to me. I like my band's music, and I am excited to see that other people do too. We wrote songs that we liked, and are not writing to other's taste, so we lucked out. :thu:

Archived