Spector Legend basses??

burnthiscorpse

• Members

JAMES ON BASS wrote:

What year Soundgear is that? Roughly 90ish? They were great basses.

Not sure what year the Ibby is, it is a made in Japan one though so yeah, it probably is a step up than more recent ones. I probably got it in the late 90's and it was used then. Will the serial# help out on this?

• Members

JAMES ON BASS wrote:

Not sure what year the Ibby is, it is a made in Japan one though so yeah, it probably is a step up than more recent ones. I probably got it in the late 90's and it was used then. Will the serial# help out on this?

I suppose you could find the year through the serial # if you needed to know. It looks to me like an SR800? Maybe mid 90's now that I think about it. I had one and they are indeed nice basses.

• Members

re: eddie jackson

on the queensryche albums where he laid down his signature tones, I'm pretty sure he played ns2 back then as someone mentioned earlier (a kramer branded spector at the time)

when I saw them tour with fates warning and dream theater a few years back however, he was playing a lakland at the show

• Members
I don't think the problem with the Legend is in the pickups. My NS2000s both have HZs and they are only a shade quieter than my AX with DCs. In fact, I can't really hear much difference between them at all. I think the problem is more with the preamp.

Hey I have one of those rare birds !

spector.jpg

:love: m/

• Members

The Legend feels PERFECT in my hands, but for some reason it just doesn't cut through in the mids like I want it to, especially if the strings aren't super new. The A and D strings basically disappear if I don't boost the mids on the bass.

I talked to Carey Nordstrand about it, and he said that he's done dozens of replacements of the EMG HZ's for people with all kinds of basses, because they're basically garbage, and have a pathetic output level. For a couple hundo I could upgrade to his pickups wound hot, which is tempting because if I were to do that, I wouldn't need another bass. As it stands, I feel like I want to ditch my Legend based solely on the low output level.

C7

For $200, I would consider that worth putting into my Q5 Pro - after all, I only paid $175 for it... It's very playable, and has great tone - definetly has more presence and clarity than my SR-405 - if my Q5 Pro put out near the level of my main 4 bangers(P Bass Special with hot Schaller pups, VMJ with DiMarzio Ultra Jazz's in series, and an Active Jazz Deluxe) - it would make my gigging life SO much easier...

- georgestrings

• Members

They don't photograph well. You need to see one under stage lights to really appreciate it.

this is true , especially if I'm behind the camera :mad: yeah in lighting they are stunning , in sunlight it's breathtaking , reminds me of a Opal or Labradorite top , it goes to black on the edges like a burst does . It's a chick magnet as well ;) funny thing I thought I would hate these pickups but they sound great in this bass , it's probably my most used and recorded bass as well . :love:

Archived