Chef Boyardee Pizza Crust Question

The Insomniac

• Members

This should be an easy question if anybody has a Chef Boyardee Pizza kit in their pantry.

How much water do you use to make the crust. My kid used all the ingredients but the crust mix and I wanted to make a grilled chicken pizza but I don't have the instructions for the crust any more.

I know enough that using the wrong amount of water will totally mess the whole procedure up.

:wave:

• Members

Here's a great pizza crust with no mix -

3 cups flour

1 cup hot water

1/3 cup oil

1 foil package yeast

pinch of salt

pinch of sugar

shake or two of garlic powder

mix all dry ingredients together add oil & hot water mix, knead dough for about 2 or 3 minutes, form into a ball in mixing bowl, cover wth a paper towel and place in slightly warm oven (barely on) for about an hour for dough to rise... then punch it down and roll it out.

It's good. :cool:

• Members

Here's a great pizza crust with no mix -

3 cups flour

1 cup hot water

1/3 cup oil

1 foil package yeast

pinch of salt

pinch of sugar

shake or two of garlic powder

mix all dry ingredients together add oil & hot water mix, knead dough for about 2 or 3 minutes, form into a ball in mixing bowl, cover wth a paper towel and place in slightly warm oven (barely on) for about an hour for dough to rise... then punch it down and roll it out.

It's good.
:cool:

Try substituting 3/4 cup cornmeal for flour. Mmmm-good,

• Members

Sub half the flour with whole wheat flour and you have a healthier pizza.

I got a Kitchen Aid last year for Christmas and the only thing I use it for is pizza!

I pretty much always use unbleached. I've tried the whole wheat by itself and doesn't chew or taste quite right. A blend might be cool.

I use cornmeal, but usually just to roll it out on. A little always sticks, and that's a great addition. :thu:

• Members

buy any off brand frozen white bread dough,

thaw in the fridge overnite.

throw a little bit of flour on the table and roll the dough out to as big as you want, top it with any "robust" spagetti sauce and anything and bake at 400F for about 10 mins.

you can get 5 pizza crusts for about $2.99 and its exactly what the pizzarias use.

• Members

I pretty much always use unbleached. I've tried the whole wheat by itself and doesn't chew or taste quite right. A blend might be cool.

I use cornmeal, but usually just to roll it out on. A little always sticks, and that's a great addition.
:thu:

I made the mistake of doing whole wheat all by itself. The dough wasn't bad, but it wouldn't crisp.

I always sprinkle cornmeal at the bottom of the pan.

• Members

2/3 cup for each package of the flour mix. I make the double ones and they call for 1 and 1/3.

:wave:

Thanks - I think that's about what I used. I started out with 1/4 cup and got no where. I added another 1/4 and still didn't get it to work so I just added in some water till we got a good ball of dough.

I'm ready to try some more pizza. :love:

• Members

buy any off brand frozen white bread dough,

thaw in the fridge overnite.

throw a little bit of flour on the table and roll the dough out to as big as you want, top it with any "robust" spagetti sauce and anything and bake at 400F for about 10 mins.

you can get 5 pizza crusts for about $2.99 and its exactly what the pizzarias use.

Umm, no it isn't. Unless you're talking about chain restaurants, pizzarias make their own dough fresh every day.

Archived