New Rig Day!

Pyralus

• Members

I am now the proud owner of a GK 800rb, a Laney 15" cab and a Hartke 4x10 cab. Pics once I can steal a camera. I have a question though. My 15" cab is rated for 200W @ 8 ohms. Am I gonna melt my speaker with 800rb? Everyhting I've read says that the 800rb's low speaker output is 300w@ 4 ohms and 200w@8 ohms, is this correct or have I misread? The 4x10 has a rating of 400w @ 8 ohms so I'm not worried about that being overdriven...

• Members

I am now the proud owner of a GK 800rb, a Laney 15" cab and a Hartke 4x10 cab. Pics once I can steal a camera. I have a question though. My 15" cab is rated for 200W @ 8 ohms. Am I gonna melt my speaker with 800rb? Everyhting I've read says that the 800rb's low speaker output is 300w@ 4 ohms and 200w@8 ohms, is this correct or have I misread? The 4x10 has a rating of 400w @ 8 ohms so I'm not worried about that being overdriven...

I dig all that stuff; I've been shopping for a GK for a while...

• Members

So far I have severely confused my roommates and neighbors with sound. I kinda dig running the 4x10 through the 100W biamped cause it maximizes the potential for the 1x15... which just sounds awesome. I am very very happy with the setup so far. Pics soon.

Archived