alright you pansies...grip master this!

Bassius

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Update: My stamina continues to improve - I rehearsed for 3 straight hours this weekend with no reduction in movement or stiffness.

This is by far the best stretching exercise I have ever tried, and I have tried many....

I've been doing 1 to 2 minute sessions twice daily; during the day and before I play.

It took about a week for me to notice improvements, and it's been steady improvement ever sense - my grip feels like iron now. :evil:

Thanks a ton Bassius - this is the kind of pro insight that folks usually have to pay money for. :thu:

• Members

I don't do any exercise that requires me to lock a joint (elbows/knees etc.) Most often it will cause harm doing it.

Info/links?

This exercise is very similar to a physical therapy exercise for carpal tunnel; I have a hard time believing that PT's are advocating exercises that 'cause harm', but am willing to consider any information you can provide.

• Members

Odd question, but doing part 1 of the workout and immediately going to part 2, I get a tiny delay in the time it takes my index and middle fingers to go back up to the stop position compared to the rest of my hand. That is, As soon as I move my hand up, it takes my index and middle finger a slightly longer time to move up again.
Anyone else getting this?

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Hey, having just found this thread, and skimming it I want to make sure I've got both parts right....

part 2:

after you have done the griping exercise a while change into this next exercise (in other words, dont stop, just start doing part two directly from part one).

make your hands flat and even with your arms, now bend them back into the "stop" position, repeat, flat-stop-flat-stop as fast as you can. the fingers should be close together....

KEEP GOING!

So this second part takes the palms facing down and then back to the 'stop' position, which is the position you start with in the first one?

This sounds like a good way to help the arthritis in my hands!! I'll have to start trying this one.

• Members
This sounds like a good way to help the arthritis in my hands!! I'll have to start trying this one.

It's an outstanding exercise that has helped me all but eliminate chronic pain in my left elbow. :thu:

Bassius rules - I do this exercise every (almost) time before I play. When I forget to do it, sometimes the pain and stiffness comes creeping back....

I've even done it during a song, while playing open notes.

• Members
It's an outstanding exercise that has helped me all but eliminate chronic pain in my left elbow.
:thu:

Bassius rules - I do this exercise every (almost) time before I play. When I forget to do it, sometimes the pain and stiffness comes creeping back....

I've even done it during a song, while playing open notes.

hey that's awesome news!

a few pages back you mention you have Tennis elbow. This has helped?

great!:thu:

• Members

Suuuuum BIIIIIITCH.

I'm forcing myself to do this, every morning, and before every jam/practice/gig. Gonna use the microwave's timer in the morning, and just force myself to add 5 seconds every day.

Now if you got secrets for bad lower back pain, DIVULGE!!!

Archived