Haven't used Roto's in awhile

countrybass

• Members

And I know why. I haven't used them in years. Been using DR's, but the local little store didn't have DR's in stock. So I threw some 66's on. I forgot how much I didsike them. The B string is almost dead right out of the box!! I spent $24 on them so I'll use them, but I think my SR5 with the DR's on will get most of the work the next few gigs.

• Members

I can't stand Rotosounds...over here in Korea string choice is limited but Rotosounds are everywhere so I have tried the MANY times...I have never been happy with them.

For my money www.webstrings.com are MUCH better. Really I have liked just about every string type I have tried more than ...rotos...I must be out to lunch but that is my true opinion

• Members

I ordered a couple sets of Swing 66's recently, and I wasn't impressed. I put them on my ric and my Stingray, and after a few hours of studio time and a couple shows, they were totally dead. They also didn't feel very fast.

Going back to the Super Slinkies, I think, best I've found so far.

• Members

just put a set on my Jazz. They made it through 2 practices. 5 hours of playing and theyre dead.

I like GHS Boomers. They usually last me a good month or two. How long do you guys use your strings for?

I got 3 months out of my last set of Optima Gold strings. I love them! :love::love::love:

When they start to mellow out they got a cool thing goin', they don't sound dead just a little smoother. :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Rotosound strings (the Swingbass series) are not the type strings that i would advise if you're looking for fresh ringing basstone, but when you're looking for a 60's/70's sound they're perfect!

and ofcourse they sound over the top fresh when you've just putted them on, but that's what you will get with every stainless bass string

• Members

I used them a while ago, but they don't last very long at all. I'm a lot more happy with DR Lo-riders on my Attitude, which has a similar tone and feel to almost fresh rotos, but lasts a helluva lot longer, and feels tighter, and the Thomastik SuperAlloys on my G&L.

• Members

I used to use them 10 years ago - stainless steel (which I think are good, but go dull quicker). Then the $ became too much and I started buying cheap 'no-name' strings ...then I realised these ones were Nickel. So recently I got some Nickel Rotos and was impressed, but I prefer D'Addarrio 'cause they come in the sealed bag. I have 3 packs of these in my drawer and I don't think I'll be buying my next pack until at least September.

• Members

I can't stand Rotosound strings. Dead right out of the package in the few experiences I've had with them.

I've got GHS Boomers on my Spector and my Peavey right now, and they're alright, but I still like EB Slinkies better. The Spector's strings are so dead that the B string is just a dull thud, but I can't afford strings what with Kindness extorting all my fund$ out of me.:mad:

C7

• Members

Someone on this forum (Kindness maybe) recommended DR strings and now I won't use anything else.

I've got DR coated (Extended life) on my 5er, and lo riders on the P bass.

Great strings, with a little zing but not too much, and they LAST.

I'm hard on my strings - I kept breaking GHS plus they would go dead in a few days.

THe DR strings hold their tone really well - love em.

Archived