w00t (70's Morley power wah content)

REMUS

• Members

Nope just pure wah, I think it will be quite different to the 847 :)

Next i'm after a gritty distortion pedal like an English Muff'n and a nice boost pedal which i'm hoping GM can help me out with since he has my DOD FX25 atm.

• Members

Nope just pure wah, I think it will be quite different to the 847
:)

Next i'm after a gritty distortion pedal like an English Muff'n and a nice boost pedal which i'm hoping GM can help me out with since he has my DOD FX25 atm.

I built a BYOC screamer which is basically a tubescreamer copy, its based on an 808. Acutally I'm gonna try my hand at modding it for more bass tonight. :)

It sounds great for gritty stuff. You can set it so that when you hold back its clean and when you dig in it breaks up a bit. It can go pretty mad with the grit too. Awesome! I'm gonna get rid of my BMP next month and hopefully talk to GM about getting a doom fuzz to replace it. :cool:

I gotta try it with the wah sometime soon. :)

• Members

Yeah i've heard that some of the EHX pedals just have a bulb in them lol!

But apparently these are all good, the promo video I watched seemed to confirm this is the type of pedal I want.... only one way to find out.

• Members

i've got a black russian muff on the way for "experimentation"

I would send you this one to play with but its kinda big. :idk:

I've already modded it with a boss power socket, so I can use my boss power adapter to power it.

I'm trying to shrink my pedals down a bit so I can get a pedalboard together. The Morley throws it off but whatever, it deserves the space. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i was really impressed with the way that byoc screamer i did for ml warriner came out.

i thought it sounded fantastic.

how much are we talking to build another?

have you got any clips of the one you built?

• Members

Seeing that pic reminded me about your modded bad monkey, Remus. Oh man that thing sounds sweet.

GM/Remus, under your pedal clips page, what are the pedals used in "Remus' Pedals"? I really like the wah or whatever it is about 30s in. Is that the Morley in the pics?

• Members

I built a BYOC screamer which is basically a tubescreamer copy, its based on an 808. Acutally I'm gonna try my hand at modding it for more bass tonight.
It sounds great for gritty stuff. You can set it so that when you hold back its clean and when you dig in it breaks up a bit. It can go pretty mad with the grit too. Awesome! I'm gonna get rid of my BMP next month and hopefully talk to GM about getting a doom fuzz to replace it.
:cool:

I gotta try it with the wah sometime soon.

That sounds like almost Exactly what I'm looking for.

• Members

It's a very different pedal, far less organic in comparison, it also strips allot of the sandbergs tone.

But it is *much* easier to control and predict, it's exactly what I wanted from it, I think i'm still going to try and get the boost model as well though. I just jumped on this one because it had a UK psu :) i'm certainly not disappointed.

Archived