Is there a 2 10's with a 15 all in one cab out there?

gbone

• Members

I'm in the market for a new bass rig. I own a ken smith 5 string and a 70's fender pbass. I played a mesa mpulse 600 and was very interested but it was used and did'nt have some of the newer features and no history. I play through a hartke 410 aluminum cone. I have a hartke 7000 and an swr4oo amp. I play a wide range of music( latin,reggae,funk,jazz,hiphop,motown ect...) but always had a hard time hearing good definition in my sound from highs to low. The sound Im getting works great if i just want to play rock cover pick up gigs but I'm looking for something fat with a good bottom end. I'm willing to sacrifice the high to midrange for the low.Does anyone know if there is a 2-10 1-15 all in one cab made? I thought ampeg made one. When I tried out the mpulse 600 I played through a mesa 2-10 older cab with a newer mesa 1-15. That sound was what i was missing. I like that set up but could go either way with speaker/amp companies. I like the thought of an all in one cab but never played through one. One more thing, I believe in my bass sound comming from the bass i play. I do'nt need every bell and whistle that's out there. I pretty set on 2-10 1-15 set up. Any thoughts?

• Members

Don't forget the original SWR Triad cab. It's a 1x10 + 1x15 + horn. Very good quality. About the same as a typical 4x10 in size...

99_01_swr1.jpg

I've never played through one of the newer ones. But the originals (with Bag End and PAS drivers) were top-notch.

• Members

Peavey made some 210+118 cabs - called the 1810, and the 1820... I have an 1810, and like it quite a bit - you *might* want to consider checking one of those out... IMO, an 18 goes quite nicely with a pair of 10s, and probably works better than a 15 in that situation... Best part of those Peavey cabs is that they often can be picked up in excellent shape for under $300...

- georgestrings

Archived