Favorite Bassists

W33nie

• Members

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought I'd throw out some bassists that I admire more for their tone, touch and feel than their solo chops or technical prowess:

Boz Burrell - for bluesy rock groove, tone and touch. see "Good Loving Gone Bad"

John Deacon - for powerful groove and loud but controlled stingray tone. see "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

Doug Stegmeyer - excellent tone, never overplays, but still has a deep well to draw from. see "Only the Good Die Young"

Gene Simmons - For mixing loud, rude blues rock with a motown type of bass approach. He sure knows his major scale. see "Strutter"

Timothy B. Schmitt - for proving that a bass line can "pop" without resorting to the slap technique. Excellent left hand muting and tone, deep groove. see "Hotel California"

Michael Anthony - for always supporting the song with his lines and tone, and having an extremely consistent and powerful right hand attack.

Jack Casady - For taking Jamerson's right hand dexterity into the blues and space rock. The Geddy lee of the 60's.

• Members

I like Glenn Cornick, early Tull, and am a little surprised that Pino Paladino hasn't showed up yet.... and even more surprised that lug hasn't. I thought he was everybodys favourite here.

I now know why you have that user name, you must be high.

• Members
Man that would be awesome to see Levin live... he is the reason I'm saving up for a Chapman Stick
:wave:

I saw and met him last May (or thereabouts) at the CD release party for Joe Burcato when he was in town and saw him again a couple of weeks ago at NAMM... The guy is amazing! Very approachable and gracious...

• Members
I saw and met him last May (or thereabouts) at the CD release party for Joe Burcato when he was in town and saw him again a couple of weeks ago at NAMM... The guy is amazing! Very approachable and gracious...

Lucky dog :lol:

That's cool that he is a down to earth person... man I would love to take lessons with him! :poke::

Archived