Damn, outbid

justinbass

• Members

His bin is too high for the condition that bass is in. You could spec out all new parts just like that for about the same as the bin. Not worth it for this one.

Well not everyone can build a bass like Nino can. But I agree, Ebay isn't Talkbass. I wouldn't expect anyone would pay that much for a bass with his name on it as he isn't well known beyond TB and HC. Not to take anything away from his basses, from what I hear they are incredible instruments but not everyone knows that.

Dan

• Members

Well not everyone can build a bass like Nino can. But I agree, Ebay isn't Talkbass. I wouldn't expect anyone would pay that much for a bass with his name on it as he isn't well known beyond TB and HC. Not to take anything away from his basses, from what I hear they are incredible instruments but not everyone knows that.

Dan

Agreed, but as for a price you do have to consider what you are getting for the money. The Sadowski pre and those Nordie's are pricey, but it can all be sourced easily enough, and his bin seems too close to new for the looks of that body. I'd rather have Nino start a new bass than drop $1500 on that one, or have my tech assemble the parts if I bought them myself.

• Members

Not to knock the man, but...

Doesn't he assemble Warmoth and USAGuitar necks and bodies to build those basses? It's not rocket science. I'd put my Warmoth up against a Valenti ({censored}, or a Sadowski for that matter) any day of the year.

bootsyinblack.jpg

• Members

Doesn't he assemble Warmoth and USAGuitar necks and bodies to build those basses? It's not rocket science. I'd put my Warmoth up against a Valenti ({censored}, or a Sadowski for that matter) any day of the year.

Yeah, but not every one of us are jet engine scientists...or salesmen...or whatever...

• Members

bootsyinblack.jpg

Now, let's say you totally hated that bass? You're beat!!!!! I do use USACG parts and I used to use Warmoth parts and I offer a 5 day approval period on my basses.You don't like a Valenti bass, you're out shipping.

• Members

Now, let's say you totally hated that bass? You're beat!!!!! I do use USACG parts and I used to use Warmoth parts and I offer a 5 day approval period on my basses.

You don't like a Valenti bass, you're out shipping.

You do offer a good return policy. From what I understand there aren't too many people who take you up on it though. And although it is "parts", the beauty and ultimate feel of an instrument comes from the build quality. This is something many people don't have the skill or patience to do on their own. Enter Nino, Sadowski, Lakland, Lull, Etc...

Dan

• Moderators

Now, let's say you totally hated that bass? You're beat!!!!! I do use USACG parts and I used to use Warmoth parts and I offer a 5 day approval period on my basses.

Excellent point.

I agree that building these basses is not rocket science, but there is a lot of care and attention to detail that is required. I've helped a lot of people that thought they had their instruments as well put together as possible who were shocked at what a difference a little extra work can make. Going with someone like Nino, you know you aren't going to miss any of those fine details.

• Members

Excellent point.

I agree that building these basses is not rocket science, but there is a lot of care and attention to detail that is required. I've helped a lot of people that thought they had their instruments as well put together as possible who were shocked at what a difference a little extra work can make. Going with someone like Nino, you know you aren't going to miss any of those fine details.

And it's the details that make the bass. Honestly it's all the little things...and those little things are the hardest to do correctly. this is something I've learned in starting to work on my own instruments. It's all very time consuming, patience oriented, and maticulous. It ain't just bolting things together folks, that's for sure.

Dan

• Members

Like I said, I'm not trying to knock you or what you do.

I guess I was just raised with a very strong DIY ethic.

I do my own setups.

I change my own oil.

I've never called a plumber, or carpenter, or sheetrocker, or electrician, or...

If I can learn it and buy/rent the equipment at a reasonable price, I do it myself.

I often forget that this is not so common of a trait in the general population.

Nino, your basses are beautiful, there is no doubt. I'm sure they are excellent in every way.

Archived