Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street

baracuda2004

• Members

The local university put on the stage version here, in conjunction with the local playhouse, maybe 15 years ago, and I loved it - one of the few musicals I've ever actually enjoyed. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

I can see how some would hate it - it was the same with the play. Many people who typically liked musicals hated it, while many people who typically hated musicals liked it.

• Members

The local university put on the stage version here, in conjunction with the local playhouse, maybe 15 years ago, and I loved it - one of the few musicals I've ever actually enjoyed. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

I can see how some would hate it - it was the same with the play. Many people who typically liked musicals hated it, while many people who typically hated musicals liked it.

Well, I hate musicals ... and I still hated it!

A good musical has to have good songs ... but this? Sweet Jesus ...

• Members

Well, I hate musicals ... and I still hated it!

A good musical has to have good songs ... but this? Sweet Jesus ...

Most "good" musicals (as determined by reviews) have absolutely terrible songs, in my opinion. I can't think of one hit musical from the last 25 years that had any songs in it I thought were decent.

I like the Sweeney Todd music (assuming the movie doesn't change it all that drastically from the stage play).

But that's just me.

Archived