Thumper's batching it for a week...

Thumper

• Members

Mrs. T is off to Phoenix next Monday for a week, working for Jaguar as an events planner. Thumpy needs some advice:

Beer?

Movies?

Cuisine (home-cooked and takeout)?

Etc?

No hooker advice, though---I'm terminally monogamous. It's my only redeeming virtue. :D

• Members

Buzzsaw Brown Seasonal Ale

Jabberwocky or A Boy And His Dog

Spaghetti / Curry

EDIT: Oh, a week. I read it as weekend.

Buzzsaw Brown Seasonal Ale

The Stunt Man, Catch-22 (or was it you that hated Catch-22 book?), Thief, Apocalypse Now, Vanishing Point, Beverly Hillbillies, The Stupids.

Chili, pizza, chili on pizza (after it's cooked), Taco Bell, Taco Bell, and Taco Bell (since you're the only one in the house).

• Members

^

I did Zombie Movie Week last time Mrs. T was out of town---Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days Later. Is 28 Weeks Later worth watching?

I might try to finally get through Pulp Fiction---I turned it off after the Hill-Billy Rape Scene, but I've come to realize the movie is actually pretty damn' funny. :D

Smoked pig meat is definitely an option. I need some inspiration to do something new, preferably involving a cast-iron skillet, crock pot, or smoker.

For bevvies, I might go ghetto and do a comparison of cheap-n-nasty malt liquors---Steel Reserve, Mickeys, OE 800, etc. Hell, I could do a comparison thread if I live through the experience. :D

On the other end of the liquid entertainment scale, I'm thinking about chasing down a bottle of Suntory Japanese whiskey. I brought some back from a training mission in Japan in the '90s, and :love:

So, keep the ideas coming. :thu:

• Members

^

How long are you in Astoria? I'm about due for a mental health day at the beach.

I leave thursday. Seriously I went to the Columbian theatre and got trashed, watched "Walk Hard" and ate possibly the best pizza I've had in a long time. Then I went next door to the Wet Dog where they had a dry hopped Apricot ale that was unbelievably good. I personally think the head brewer is better that John Maier.

Dan

• Members

:cool:

Wet Dog is the best brewpub on the North Coast. I'm pretty fond of Pelican and Siletz, but they're a bit further south.

I need to check out the pizza at the Columbia next time I'm in town. Good brewpub theaters rock. The Baghdad in SE PDX is one of my favorite places on the planet. :thu:

• Members

Let's see.... Thumper food....

Have you ever ground lamb to make lamburgers? Throw in a bit of cilantro and asiago and you're in heaven.

What else? You could make Roast beef on the BBQ depending on the weather. Pour a wee bit of applejuice on it, or use some chips (whatever, you're the grill king, not me.) When you make the potatoes, throw in some 3 cheese ranch dressing when you mash them with a bit of horseradish instead of butter and or milk.:thu:

Those are my food suggestions for you.

For beer... have you tried La Fin Du Monde yet? I quite like it.

Movies, maybe try a classic like American Graffiti.

Have fun having the house to yourself nonetheless. :wave:

Archived