Washburn Status Series 1000

REMUS

• Members

I think they are really nice looking basses, so I did a bit of research on Washburn, turns out they used to make really nice high end basses (over 15 years ago) and this was one of their last projects, with Status electronics bridge and pups.

Anyone had any experience? I'm guessing not many of ya... but if you like Status basses, these are meant to be really affordable equivalents.

wstatbs5.jpg

MARKWEB.jpg

• Members

Yes, lived right across the street from a store that carried them and the rest of Washburns line when they came out. They stocked red and green ones. Very nice basses. Status basses essentially assembled in USA by Washburn. Would have got one then but was rather happy with the upper end ABT Washburn bass I had got the year before. (Ibanez later bassically copied the Washburn ABT body style & deeper neck joint and started their SR series basses. Which at the time I found quite inferior to the originals (washburns). Your right the Washburn basses and guitars of the 1980's where superior instruments.

• Members

that bass reminds me of the 80's

Yeah it's got a vibe which is what I go for in a bass, a feeling, don't give a care about reviews, I guess it's just an offshoot of G.A.S :freak::D

I'm always quite sure about basses, but bass amps and cabs... I just go on recommendation :idk:

Although i've got a Mesa 400, SWR Goliath Senior and a custom build 4x12 cab lined up which should kill, not that the Aguilar stuff is bad in any shape or form... I just feel like I need to develop some skills with a couple of little projects.

Lots of stuff is going to happen my end within the next month, i'm very excited.

• Members

As much as they might be well constructed, these basses don't even come close to the real thing. The neck is made of wood whereas the Status neck is graphite.

How do they compare pricewise to an used Status? Because the Washburns I saw recently were ridiculously overpriced...

• Members

Check it out, this is the bass in question:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160203066885&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

I've asked him how much cash he is willing to put with it, waiting on a reply now.

Anyone know what the original rrp was for this bass, or some idea?

:love: :love: :thu:

Very nice, it looks like its in great condition!!

Archived