It's not mine, but it is pretty

Kindness

• Members
I always thought a Jaguar bass would look ultra sexy with Jazz style bridge and pickup covers. As seen here:

0190209806_md.png

Blech! The tort is bad enough, but then they go and add those hideous chrome monstrosities! That bass may represent everything I despise in bassdom.:mad:

I know, different strokes...;)

• Moderators

Kindness-

Bass got here today. It's great! I'm gonna tweak the action a bit, I think I see what you mean by it needing lower tension strings. However, it's fine for someone learning fretless (me).

If it arrived in tune, you can blame the setup on me - I had it low intentionally. If it was not in tune and the action is high it is because the neck is moving and it needs lower tension strings.

The real question is what's the verdict on the pickguard?

• Members
Blech! The tort is bad enough, but then they go and add those hideous chrome monstrosities! That bass may represent everything I despise in bassdom.
:mad:

I know, different strokes...
;)

Honestly, I hate tortoiseshell and mother of pearl. I even avoid buying tortoiseshell picks because they're so ugly. Like...any other colour bass with any colour tort pickguard = automatic fail. But on a dark bass like that the effect is almost negated...and while the chrome monstrosities get in the way, they look pretty cool ;)

Also dig the concentric knobs.

• Members

If it arrived in tune, you can blame the setup on me - I had it low intentionally. If it was not in tune and the action is high it is because the neck is moving and it needs lower tension strings.

The real question is what's the verdict on the pickguard?

I'm torn! I've asked three different people, and gotten three different answers (yes, no, and the ol' :idk: ). It compliments the bass well, but it also doesn't need it. I'm gonna leave it off for now.

EDIT:

The bass was very close to being in tune, and the action is a bit high... I think it may be a cross between the tension and the change in temperature (I let it warm up in the box for a few hours, but it was still in a UPS truck for most of the day).

• Moderators
I'm torn! I've asked three different people, and gotten three different answers (yes, no, and the ol'
:idk:
). It compliments the bass well, but it also doesn't
need
it. I'm gonna leave it off for now.

EDIT:

The bass was very close to being in tune, and the action is a bit high... I think it may be a cross between the tension and the change in temperature (I let it warm up in the box for a few hours, but it was still in a UPS truck for most of the day).

So you can appreciate why I didn't want to mark up the face. You can always use double sided tape to hold it on if you think you'd want to remove it later.

Archived