Binkley Report: Captain America is back!!!

Funkee1

• Members

Can't we save our children for Jingoistic characters like this evil "Capt America?" Would you have them believing that America is this "great land of opportunity" and that they could "do anything if you put your mind to it." Promoting vile views like this would make Government handouts and the nanny state un-needed.

The solution is clear. Bucky Barnes must die. Again. Or something.

The end.

--

;)

• Members

Instead of just having one hero represent all of America...I think they should have characters broken down into individual states. Like Captain California...who just is mellow and wants you to try some wheat grass and promotes medical marajuana. And Admiral Alaska that is big and fat and drips oil. Demi-God Delaware that....um....does something good I'm sure.

• Members

It always bothered me that comic books would make a decision to kill a character, then miraculously bring him back. Bucky should stay dead. Period. Captain America shouldn't have been killed. Oh well. Marvel is retarded.

It's a comic book!

They can bring anyone back from the dead if they choose.

• Members

It always bothered me that comic books would make a decision to kill a character, then miraculously bring him back. Bucky should stay dead. Period. Captain America shouldn't have been killed. Oh well. Marvel is retarded.

But hey, it was a great metaphor for the political statement they were trying to push at the time, so it was totally worth it.

C7

• Members

But hey, it was a great metaphor for the political statement they were trying to push at the time, so it was totally worth it.

C7

Keep yer political statements out of my comic books :mad:

Seriously, I just want a guy in a funny suit throwing a discus thing at people. My dad's got an entire run of old school Avengers comics, I learned to read on that crap. They could be dark, but at the end of the day, it was all in good fun. Now it's all doom'n'gloom. If I want dark, I'll read some comics written by Alan Moore.

• Members

Hey, if a soap opera character can come back to life over and over, why not a comic book hero? After all, Marvel has an "Alternate Universe" theme in many issues. It's been used before... Anyone remember the "What if..." series where The Watchers would reveal what would have happened if key moments/decisions in a characters life had been different? Very cool, if short lived, series... :cool:

Archived