I think I might go get an Iphone today.

baracuda2004

• Members

{censored} You Apple! :mad:

I want an iPhone. I want one badly! But you partner with AT&T, one of the worst carriers out there. ARGH! They won't even sell me one because I'm "Not in our coverage area" bull{censored}.

I Hate you!

Granted, I get hardly any coverage with any phone, but it's the principle of the thing. My ipod mini 4G is getting pretty long in the tooth and I hate carrying around two devices.

• Members

Consider what you are going to be using it for.

iPhones are cool technology... but... they are a PITA when doing some basic functions. And more than anything, they are a status symbol (IMHO).

Get a phone that works well for YOUR usage. If that's an iPhone... great. Just do your research before buying something that might end up pissing you off.

• Members

There are other options out there. I chose this one about 6 months ago:

htc-mogul.jpg

It's a great gadget. I'm flashing the ROM today which activates the internal GPS and also ups the data speed considerably. I got a sweet deal when I bought mine and got more regular minutes than I'll use, unlimited nights/weekends starting at 7p, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited data, and unlimited text messages for $30 per month.

• Members

Well if you recall i'd posted a thread a few weeks/days/months before the Iphone came out looking for something with a COMPLETE internet.. and it seems the iphone is the most complete internet tool out there besides a computer so that's what I want it for.

I did call and ask about a plan and the $59.99/month plan gets you;

IPHONE($59.99/month)

1.Unlimited Internet/email(she said i could leave it on the internet the entire month and it would still be only $59.99

2.Free nights and weekends

3.Free mobile to mobile

4.200 messages free

5.450 rollover minutes.

here's what i have now..

ALLTEL($64.99/month)

1. Free nights and weekends

2. 700 minutes(non rollover) only use like 300 a month though talking to my bro

3. 50 messages free

just found out i'm off the next 2 nights as well i'll give it another hour of thought and go look into one i'm still being careful about it though.

• Members

{censored} You Apple!
:mad:

I want an iPhone. I want one badly! But you partner with AT&T, one of the worst carriers out there. ARGH! They won't even sell me one because I'm "Not in our coverage area" bull{censored}.

I Hate you!

Granted, I get hardly any coverage with any phone, but it's the principle of the thing. My ipod mini 4G is getting pretty long in the tooth and I hate carrying around two devices.

Get with verizon and pick up a Voyager. I travel the entire country and always, and I mean always have better reception than any of the guys with other providers. Always, and that's super important for me. Also, this phone is just perfect, and a joy to use. Touch screen front, flips open for a huge keyboard and screen inside. Has all the usual features including mp3's via a micro SD card that I have for 8gb. Great phone.

verizon-voyager.jpg

verizon-voyager.jpg

• Members

Get with verizon and pick up a Voyager. I travel the entire country and always, and I mean always have better reception than any of the guys with other providers. Always, and that's super important for me. Also, this phone is just perfect, and a joy to use. Touch screen front, flips open for a huge keyboard and screen inside. Has all the usual features including mp3's via a micro SD card that I have for 8gb. Great phone.

verizon-voyager.jpg

verizon-voyager.jpg

You obviously havent been to Northwest Indiana then.

I had verizon for years until I finally switched to cingular/att. The difference was unbelievable. I could literally drop 20+ calls a day on my Verizon phone just sitting in my house. I'd have anywhere from 5 bars to no bars and it was CONSTANTLY cutting out. I switched to cingular and I drop MAYBE 5 calls a month. And usually its the other person's phone. Granted, there are a few spots that have a very weak (or no) signal, but overall, I'd take ATT ANY day.

I got an iPhone for Christmas and I love it. I'm really not an Apple lover by ANY means. In fact, I think most of their crap is overrated and overpriced. But as far as phones go, it's the best one I've had so far.

I got pretty much the most basic plan, and after taxes/fees, etc... its about 70 bucks a month.

The camera is as good as any "phone" camera should be. I never really understood the desire for a cell phone with a 20 mega pixel camera and an 80x zoom. If you want to be a professional photographer, buy a REAL camera.

And as far as the screen/durability goes, mine is still brand new looking. A phone's durability is usually only as good and the guy who takes care of it. Treat it well and it will last forever. I put some "skins" on my iphone to protect from scratches and dirt and what not. "Best Skins Ever" put out a nice product. Just takes some patience to apply.

Archived