I pulled the trigger again.

justinbass

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nice score.

my only beef with that bass is the pickups. seems like some lines of basses all use the same size pup for 4 5 and 6 string basses. the thumb resting point seems a long ways away from the E string. i notice peavey does this with their cirrus line of basses too. those soapbars on the 4 string models have way too much pup under the strings.

• Members

nice score.

my only beef with that bass is the pickups. seems like some lines of basses all use the same size pup for 4 5 and 6 string basses. the thumb resting point seems a long ways away from the E string. i notice peavey does this with their cirrus line of basses too. those soapbars on the 4 string models have way too much pup under the strings.

I only anchor my thumb on the pickups when playing the E string, so I don't expect that to be much of a problem.

I can see how this might be an issue for players that always anchor their thumb on a pickup. I used to be one of those players.

• Members

I can see how this might be an issue for players that always anchor their thumb on a pickup. I used to be one of those players.

i always just keep it on the PUP but ive seen players that will anchor on the string above what they are playing.

is a floating anchor point a prefered method of playing or is it just a personal thing? do all the "bass greats" move their thumbs around?

• Members

i always just keep it on the PUP but ive seen players that will anchor on the string above what they are playing.

is a floating anchor point a prefered method of playing or is it just a personal thing? do all the "bass greats" move their thumbs around?

"Proper form" includes a floating anchor. It mutes lower strings and allows for the same angle and intentisy of attack on all strings. It is more noticeably efficient on basses with 5+ strings.

• Members

And pretty ignant, considering Mod made their necks for years and years and years...
;)

On TB, there's def more hassle w/ Zon necks than Mods.

I've heard that. This is a 12-13 year old bass, so I feel the neck would have warped by now if it is ever going to.

The nicest neck I ever played was on a Zon Sonus last year, and I've been GASing for one ever since. I can't wait to get this bass.

• Members

And pretty ignant, considering Mod made their necks for years and years and years...
;)

On TB, there's def more hassle w/ Zon necks than Mods.

I know there are some Modulus Fanboi's on here but their necks feel {censored}ty to me and the sound of every Modulus I've heard I didn't like. Zon on the other hand have amazing necks and the sound is more my gig. all the Zon's I have played have been recent and they have had incredible necks.

Dan

• Members

I know there are some Modulus Fanboi's on here but their necks feel {censored}ty to me and the sound of every Modulus I've heard I didn't like. Zon on the other hand have amazing necks and the sound is more my gig. all the Zon's I have played have been recent and they have had incredible necks.

Dan

Mods IME really excel in the 5 string and + categories, which you, of course, know nothing about... ;):D

• Members

You are correct about that..I've never owned a 5'er. But I do own one 5'er jerk!

:mad:

Dan

Just givin' ya a hard time mang... I had a really rough night, am hung over, and gotta drive to Dallas this afternoon... cut me some slack. :(

Archived