Bass Buying Disease?

Giddry

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I knew a good source for bodies and necks for your six string bass, I'd hook you up.

If you are serious about wanting me to build you something though, just say the word. I have been considering this seriously for almost a year now and I like the idea more and more each day.

Would you be doing Warmoth parts basses or something else?

• Moderators

Would you be doing Warmoth parts basses or something else?

I don't have a source and haven't researched it. I do know that unless I find a unique source, Warmoth has the most available body shapes. I am open to anything. I am not interested (today) in starting with wood blanks for the neck and body and I will not do my own finishing, but I am comfortable with providing the highest quality work in every other aspect of construction.

• Members

Repeats to self...

"You don't get any more until you learn to use what you've got."

"And don't give me any of that 'The only thing holding me back is _____.' crap. We've been down that road before."

"You don't need 5 strings, you don't know what to do with 4."

"You don't need 6 strings, you don't know what to do with 4."

"You don't need a cool 80's looking headless bass."

"You don't get to use effects until you learn to play clean."

• Members

I don't have a source and haven't researched it. I do know that unless I find a unique source, Warmoth has the most available body shapes. I am open to anything. I am not interested (today) in starting with wood blanks for the neck and body and I will not do my own finishing, but I am comfortable with providing the highest quality work in every other aspect of construction.

If I had the $1500 for the custom Gecko 5 I want...you would be finding one on your doorstep to build...alas...I'm struggling to find $275, let alone $1500....

• Members

I look at Warmoth at least once a week.

When I finally decided to pull the trigger, you'll be the first to know.

• Members
You're nuts! Have you seen her bass?
:love:
We need to encourage her to find more gems like that!

Giddry or Kindness,
I saw, in another thread, it's a 64 Jazz. Is it an actual 64 jazz or a Custom shop time machine? Either way, nice bass!
As you may be able to tell from the avatar, I'm kinda partial to old Fenders!

• Members

Giddry or Kindness,

I saw, in another thread, it's a 64 Jazz. Is it an actual 64 jazz or a Custom shop time machine? Either way, nice bass!

As you may be able to tell from the avatar, I'm kinda partial to old Fenders!

An actual '64 Jazz!

:love:

She needs a Precision to compliment it. If enough people tell her that she might buy one. :lol:

Archived