(Maybe) OT: Where Do You Work?

Incubitabus

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am an accountant for a restaurant group that is the Franchisee for outback steakhouse in California.

i like Outback, we went to memphis the other week and tryed the Bonefish grill (which i understand is part of Outback.) it was great, i can't wait to go back.. Yum

my JOB'ers

im a fourth generation Embalmer/Funeral Director

I work at my familys firm as the manager

Im also the county Coroner

I am part owner/operator of a Cemetery

Im the main Sexton/Backhoe operator of the Cemetery

I manage sum Storage Units.

too many odd jobs to list also...

• Members

i like Outback, we went to memphis the other week and tryed the Bonefish grill (which i understand is part of Outback.) it was great, i can't wait to go back.. Yum

my JOB'ers

you sound like a very busy man! :eek:

• Members

yeah most of the time. i don't get much down time, the funeral industry is a 24/7 job. x2 cause of the Coroners office.(cause no one wants to make their appointments with me!!!!) but its all worth it in the end. one of these days i will be able to retire and do whatever i want. its worth the hectic lifestyle to me, to be able to know i will have it easy in the future. I don't want to be like several older folks that worry each month about paying the bills till their check arrives. and its not like i work all the time, there is alot of down time. but with that i still have to be local so i can GO when the call comes in. so the bass, computer, hobbies and toys keeps my interest. :D

• Members

my JOB'ers

Yeah Bonefish is part of Outback. Still have not made it there.

Its amazing that you have time to eat with that many jobs:eek:

• Members

I'm a multimedia producer and writer for our state's largest general farm organization. I shoot, write for and produce videos; conduct radio interviews, write scrips and produce them; take photos; create various print materials including calendars, flyers, logos, brochures and trade show displays; update one of our Web sites; write for various electronic and print media. And I travel and do some fun side stuff, too.

• Members

I work at a company that pioneered vertical hanging banners on lightpoles; we keep all the manufacturing inhouse or in the immediate area. We also do a lot of tradeshow displays.

My main job there is Production Artist. Aside from custom designing, I deal with all the customers' files, making them suitable for either screen or digital printing and outputting them as such. I'm the unofficial Digital Printing manager, since in the 2.5 years I've been there, I lobbied to get our digital printing moved inhouse. In that time, we've increased the quality of our printing ten-fold as well as our profit margins from that. On Wednesday, I'm going to our supplier and demo'ing new printers because we can't keep up with our demand.

At night, I'm playing in a musical theatre in town.

• Members

i'm tech in a firm which build some pieces of machines with which L.1329 bustin' our airspace :)

and actually work on the well named "dreamliner". A very very nice aircraft :thu:

(OT: hey L.1329, my son in law just succeeded half of his ATPL theory !! If he continues like that, in three month he will make his first cap10 flight ! I'm a happy father in law :)

• Members

When I go down the highway it looks something like this:

file0063.jpg

But I drive for these guys:

usf_reddaway_ih1.jpg

I more often drive the doubles and city tractor around town. I also do this:

Forklift%20Operator%20c.jpg

That's why I'm up at midnight tonight, to go work the dock unloading inbound freight and loading out routes, then I'll go run a few routes in the tractor before going home. All last week I was out pulling triples, working 12-14 hour nights.

Archived