(Maybe) OT: Where Do You Work?

Incubitabus

• Members

I got a job offer to work in radio ad sales for DC101 in Washington, DC, today, and it got me to thinking: I don't know where a lot of you work (and/or go to school). I know some of you work in music performance, production and education, but for a lot of you, I have no clue.

So fill me in. Where do you work and what do you do?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I work for a GIS software company doing administration and tech support for our employees.

Work in the DC area too, am a Dept of Defense contractor. If you start working at 101, can you please lobby to get rid of the morning show. Its a steaming pile of doo.
:)

Whereabouts? There aren't many of us DCers around here. I'm over in Virginia near Tysons.

• Members

Work in the DC area too, am a Dept of Defense contractor. If you start working at 101, can you please lobby to get rid of the morning show. Its a steaming pile of doo.
:)

Haha. Well I tell you what, Morning shows get canceled if we can't sell ads for them. If you start hearing a lot of public service announcements during it, you'll know its on its way out.

• Members

"I've worked in a factory

I'm still impressed

By the efficiency

Nothing

Is better

At squashing

Your dreams...

I know that misery" --T.C.O. :thu::(

Actually, I'm an engineering consultant. I do design, patent, and regulatory work for start-up medical device companies. Getting ready to start a full-time Engineering/Financial Controller/Intellectual Property Manager job for one of those companies...still waiting for the funds to be released, as it were.

I also would like to say that I record bands, but that makes me less than minimum wage for about 10 hours every 2 months or so. :D:(

• Members

How so? My current job treats me well, but I want to enjoy what I do.

Sitcoms always seem to be the combination of two or more exceptionally different people, jobs, locations, living situations, etc. The more unusual the pairing, the wackier the sitcom.

I thought about it after I posted it, though. The guy I might move in with in DC used to be a mechanic, and now hes in a culinary school learning to make pastries. :p

Archived