Nice Looking Fakenbacker on eBay

• Members

i was thinking it was probably clever of them to avoid any terms like that...though also they make it harder for folks to find, but there are bidders, so i guess it was a winning strategy...we'll see, i put it on watch to see if it gets pulled before it closes

• Members

That's most likely been refinned on the top. My Ric copy was of unknown origin. The name had been scratched off of the headstock before I got it. It actually sounded quite ric-ish, just with less sustain. It was fireglo. Fun bass. I covered it in Aluminum tape, and its featured in a video for one of my old bands on youtube actually. I bought mine for like $150. They go for more now. But then again, Rics have gone up in price. The one I had convinced me to get a real one.

• Members

If these sales of fakers are allowed to go on, RIC could lose their trademarks.

really? i'd like to hear the resident patent attorney discuss this issue...i can understand it with manufacturers...but for a secondary sale of an instrument maybe 30 years old?

and if it is even slightly different, doesnt that mitigate the issue? to me the fretboard inlays seem a little different

• Members

really? i'd like to hear the resident patent attorney discuss this issue...i can understand it with manufacturers...but for a secondary sale of an instrument maybe 30 years old?

Hey Kindness, is that true?

Does Ric run any risk by not policing sales of out-of-production, used instruments?

Archived