Need a Rig!

slash81291

• Members

Hey guys, I am a guitarist who is putting together a project studio/rehersal space. Basically, I play rock music/experimental. I would like to spend ~800 max. I am thinking I need a 4x10 of some sort, and a head.

Any recomednations on the 4x10?

How many watts do I need? (I prefer solid state for bass!, just clean, using some Dist pedals for some texture!)

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

• Members

Deff looked at the Avatar, have a 2x12 for guitar and it is ace!!

I dig the GK stuff Ive heard before, so sounds like a fit!

Thanks!

Anytime, I've used GK and Avatar at more gigs than I care to remember -- nice ton and incredibly reliable. Have fun with them!

• Members

I have the 410, and love it, and I've heard the 212 in a band setting. Its somewhat more mids focused, so it cuts really well, while the 410 is definately a bottom and top kind of cab. Kicks like a mule, but more vintagey (to me) than the 212. But either way, its a nice cab. Have fun!!

• Members

I am not planning to move the cab, as I said, its just for my personal recording use and for band rehersals in my house. So portability isnt a big factor.

I have the 212 and, based on what I've read, the 212 is a much more detailed cab than the 410. I prefer more of a hify type sound and, for the moment at least, the 212 completely suits my needs. Then again, like has been said, the 410 is supposed to be more of a low end cab, it all depends on what you're looking for.

Archived